Risks for seller?

kashmira

Team Orange
O.G.
Feb 6, 2008
I bought a silk scarf some days ago. It is amazing, but doesn't look good on me and I have decided to sell it. So far I have only bought items on Ebay (not that many though) so this is the first time I will sell something. What risks are there for the seller of an auction on Ebay? Are there some things I can do as a seller in order to minimize the risk?

Take loads of pics. If it is an expensive item, remember to ship, with insurance and tracking. Block negative feedback bidders. Be as accurate as possible in your descripitions. Check out other auctions for the same or simular items for ideas. Good luck!!

Take loads of pics. If it is an expensive item, remember to ship, with insurance and tracking. Block negative feedback bidders. Be as accurate as possible in your descripitions. Check out other auctions for the same or simular items for ideas. Good luck!!

Thanks:flowers:. I have taken a lot of pics. I will ship (free of charge for buyer) with insurance and tracking and they will have to sign when the receive it. If the scarf will be sold to an international buyer, he/she will have to pay for (if applicable) customs/VAT.

Is it enough to write that I do not accept bids from bidders with 0 or negative feedback? How can I block them from bidding?

I think there is a way of blocking some members but I am never sure how to do it. But you can state in your listing that zeo feedback members should contact you before bidding.
Also you can add a no refund policy to your listing, unless you misdescribe the item which I am sure you wont as you are being careful.

As long as you describe the item accurately with measurements and materials and mention any flaws and have lots of photos, there is little risk of buyer problems. Do add delivery proof, and you should be all set.

I have listed the item but made a small error which I now wanted to correct but it wasn't possible due to that my Paypal account wasn't verified and I need a 4 digit code that will be sent to me from my credit card company in perhaps a couple of weeks so now I have a problem:sad:. I have contacted both Ebay & Paypal and hope that they can help me. I never thought it was that difficult to sell something...

I think there is a way of blocking some members but I am never sure how to do it. But you can state in your listing that zeo feedback members should contact you before bidding.
Also you can add a no refund policy to your listing, unless you misdescribe the item which I am sure you wont as you are being careful.

I was going to post the link to the blocked bidder page, but it would take you to my own list. Click on "help" in the upper right-hand corner of any eBay page. Go to the help topics and type in "blocked bidder". It will lead you to the page where you type in a bidder's user id if you want to block that bidder. You can block up to 1000 bidders. Just remember to separate them by commas. Very useful tool!