Ripped leather

May 13, 2007
So I've had my beloved black '08 city for about 3-4 months and aside from the 'common' wear and tear (white fraying, etc..), I've noticed that the top side where the zipper is, is beginning to rip. I know that the leather is very soft but is this common? Has this happened to anyone else? How would BalNY fix this and usually what is the turnaround time for repairs? Two-three months? I would like to have this fixed, if possible, but I would be so sad to part with my city.

TIA!

Attachments

• Today-009-2.jpg
    Today-009-2.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 247
Sep 23, 2005
Hi, I'm new to Bbags. I'm looking at the pre-loved ones for sale and many of them say something like: 'bag as new, just a couple of fingernail marks'.

This seems very common! Is the leather on these bags really so thin or delicate that it's easy to scratch it with your nails by accident?

Conni618

Authenticator
O.G.
Mar 27, 2007
So I've had my beloved black '08 city for about 3-4 months and aside from the 'common' wear and tear (white fraying, etc..), I've noticed that the top side where the zipper is, is beginning to rip. I know that the leather is very soft but is this common? Has this happened to anyone else? How would BalNY fix this and usually what is the turnaround time for repairs? Two-three months? I would like to have this fixed, if possible, but I would be so sad to part with my city.

TIA!

I don't think that kind of tear is common. Maybe someone else has experienced it, but I haven't seen it before.

I would call BalNY and ask about turn around time. It looks like it could easily get worse if you don't get it fixed. :sweatdrop:

Conni618

Authenticator
O.G.
Mar 27, 2007
Hi, I'm new to Bbags. I'm looking at the pre-loved ones for sale and many of them say something like: 'bag as new, just a couple of fingernail marks'.

This seems very common! Is the leather on these bags really so thin or delicate that it's easy to scratch it with your nails by accident?

I need to say that the following is my opinion only, and not to be confused as fact in any way.

Some of mine seem to have that delicate finish, and others seem much more resilient. In my experience, the oldies (pre-2005) seem less likely to show surface marks.

The good news is that for those light scratches, usually a light conditioning renders them invisible. I'd imagine that the unconditioned dry bags are more vulnerable to begin with.

At any rate, light scratches on the scrumptious leather that Balenciaga produces, would not deter me from a bag I wanted. :sunshine:

REREsaurus

Leather brrraaiined.
Mar 19, 2007

TIA!

Oh wow, this thread is old. But that rip is not typical. NO way...