RIP, my Seoulie-Bear - God speed you to green fields

DQ,
I'm so terribly sorry about your loss.
The only thing that can really help when we are loosing someone that we love the most is time...
You and Seoul were so lucky to have each other. The relationship that you and Seoul had were the most beautiful, and his life with you was the happy one - and this is what really counts...
Please allow yourself to grief, and the pain will become easier... Take a good care of yourself.
All the best to you,

Elena
:heart::heart::heart:

Sorry- had to go get kleenex before I could write this- Sorry to hear of the loss of another member of your family. As I read through the entries, I recalled you telling of how he bit you- I think he was trying to let you know he was "the one". Please try to take some comfort in knowing you gave him a life better than most humans have and he appreciated you for that gift.

Oh honey I'm so so sorry about your beautiful Seoulie-bear! :sad: Those are lovely photos of him. You can tell that he was a very happy horse! God Bless you, your family & your precious Seoulie! He will always be with you. I'm sending lots of hugs & love your way!:heart:

DQ, what a beautiful member of your family.....he knows you were trying to help him....he's ok now, but you're not and he would want you to be.

Seoulie-Bear and Jeter are running together....happy and carefree. That doesn't make it any easier for you but, you'll see them again.

(((((E)))))

thanks, everyone -- i'm having a tough time with this and your support is so very much appreciated.

it's a tradition at racehorse cemetaries to bury the head, heart and hooves to honor the horse's intelligence, will and swiftness. i've always thought that a fitting tribute to the nobility of any horse, racing or otherwise. i had given the surgeon permission to perform a necropsy to look into some puzzling attributes of his stomach -- so i asked that since she would be in there anyway, would she please remove his heart so we could bring it home and bury it at the farm. not the full shebang, but more manageable from an interment perspective.

yesterday we laid his heart on a bed of shavings and grass clippings, covered it with clover, fresh grass, corn, carrots and grain -- and finally some of the chocolate chip cookies he used to beg from us. then we said goodbye yet again and buried him in a spot looking out on the fields, but also right next to the riding arena. in the summer, when the arena sides are up, i'll be able to see his marker as i ride by and be reminded of all the lessons he taught me.

thanks, everyone -- i'm having a tough time with this and your support is so very much appreciated.

it's a tradition at racehorse cemetaries to bury the head, heart and hooves to honor the horse's intelligence, will and swiftness. i've always thought that a fitting tribute to the nobility of any horse, racing or otherwise. i had given the surgeon permission to perform a necropsy to look into some puzzling attributes of his stomach -- so i asked that since she would be in there anyway, would she please remove his heart so we could bring it home and bury it at the farm. not the full shebang, but more manageable from an interment perspective.

yesterday we laid his heart on a bed of shavings and grass clippings, covered it with clover, fresh grass, corn, carrots and grain -- and finally some of the chocolate chip cookies he used to beg from us. then we said goodbye yet again and buried him in a spot looking out on the fields, but also right next to the riding arena. in the summer, when the arena sides are up, i'll be able to see his marker as i ride by and be reminded of all the lessons he taught me.

:crybaby: :cry: I'm crying wth you right now. What an amazing tribute.