RIP Damier Ebene Men?

• Thread starter Deleted member 20806
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 20806

My SA messaged me telling me DE for men is discontinuing! A few bags are already done and just waiting to be sold. I've always wanted a MM style zip top bag and I guess I have no choice but to get the jake messenger mm. However, it looks pretty ugly and huge on me but I feel like I need to get it if DE is getting the boot. What to do?? ☹

PurseAddict728

Handbags 4 Life
Jun 15, 2014
What about the Jake messenger in the PM size? Is that unavailable? That's odd, I wonder why LV is discontinuing the DE for men?? It is so unisex in my opinion and it was the original canvas for LV. That just seems like sacrilege!!

Reactions: j19
D

Deleted member 20806

What about the Jake messenger in the PM size? Is that unavailable? That's odd, I wonder why LV is discontinuing the DE for men?? It is so unisex in my opinion and it was the original canvas for LV. That just seems like sacrilege!!
Yeah he doesn't even believe it but I've heard from another SA that DE for men will trickle down to nothing apparently. Graphite and cobalt ran over ebene I guess. It does seem like sacrilege because it has been around forever and brown is a standard color. I have the jake pm but some days I need more space. The Dayton MM would be perfect but I dislike graphite :sad:

PurseAddict728

Handbags 4 Life
Jun 15, 2014
Yeah he doesn't even believe it but I've heard from another SA that DE for men will trickle down to nothing apparently. Graphite and cobalt ran over ebene I guess. It does seem like sacrilege because it has been around forever and brown is a standard color. I have the jake pm but some days I need more space. The Dayton MM would be perfect but I dislike graphite :sad:
I don't really care for the graphite line either. I'm sorry that you are so limited in your choices. :sad: I think it's these little decisions LV makes that ultimately hurt the brand. It seems that any handbag style is discontinued at a moments notice. DE was the first print that I got and I think it looks so classic. I was looking at the men's styles and it really appears to be more flap vs zip style tops in DE besides the Porte-documents and Jake Tote. I guess the only other option is to go the preloved route...I hope you find something that you love!

D

Deleted member 20806

I don't really care for the graphite line either. I'm sorry that you are so limited in your choices. :sad: I think it's these little decisions LV makes that ultimately hurt the brand. It seems that any handbag style is discontinued at a moments notice. DE was the first print that I got and I think it looks so classic. I was looking at the men's styles and it really appears to be more flap vs zip style tops in DE besides the Porte-documents and Jake Tote. I guess the only other option is to go the preloved route...I hope you find something that you love!
Yeah it really sucks I only love ebene because there just aren't many nice options compared to graphite. I'm going to try on the jake mm tomorrow..... we'll see what happens! Maybe since ebene is trickling away I might be done with LV :sad:

PurseAddict728

Handbags 4 Life
Jun 15, 2014
Yeah it really sucks I only love ebene because there just aren't many nice options compared to graphite. I'm going to try on the jake mm tomorrow..... we'll see what happens! Maybe since ebene is trickling away I might be done with LV :sad:
Oh no! That's too bad. I hope it works out for you! :hugs: