RIP:Active Endeavors Closes

nevgirl

Jul 11, 2008
I am actually shocked. I know we are in tough times right now, but to see an internet boutique pioneer like Activeendeavors close is just sad. The first thing I bought from AE was a Karanina dress, which I still love to this day. What was the first thing you bought from AE?

I never purchased anything from the site, but it doesn't surprise me that it's closing. When up against competitor "giants" (Revolve and ShopBop are what first come to mind, not to mention Saks and Neiman Marcus), I'm sure it's really hard to compete.

Did they sell a lot of similar brands to Shopbop and Revolve?

I never purchased anything from the site, but it doesn't surprise me that it's closing. When up against competitor "giants" (Revolve and ShopBop are what first come to mind, not to mention Saks and Neiman Marcus), I'm sure it's really hard to compete.

Did they sell a lot of similar brands to Shopbop and Revolve?

pretty much and i thought their site wasn't as easy to navigate compared to shopbop or revolve either, but it's still sad that they're going out of business.

:crybaby:

I bought a beautiful beaded Twelfth Street by Cynthia Vincent top from there last year. It's a shame to see the smaller retailers go under, but I have a feeling we're going to be seeing a lot more of it in the months to come...

My DH got me a Mike & Chris leather hoodie for Christmas last year from them....sad to see them go...although shopbop & revolve are my go to online stores...it's still sad to see any business affected.:sad:

I used to purchase from them online, and I stopped almost completely after rude treatment in two of their Chicago locations. (*and I was wearing pieces I bought from them too)

The only exception was when they had a 30%-50% off code on full priced merchandise... then I stocked up on Hanky Panky low rise thongs.

I agree with nevgirl. I shopped the stores and the the online site after the stores closed and towards the end there wasn't any new merchandise. I had a store credit. If I had known I would have spent it