Rings compatible with hand washing!

Nov 21, 2015
Sorry if this sounds like a very odd question. I have been pondering a ring purchase from VCA and was tempted to get one of the Alhambra semi precious stone rings. However I then remember that these stones are not supposed to touch water. There is no way I will remove my ring to wash my hands (particularly in public bathrooms) as I will not remember to put it back on! My question is are there any stones that can contact with water? I have a Chanel camellia ring made with onyx and I wear it often but never take it off when I wash my hands and it doesn't seem to suffer any damage... Would the onyx Alhambra ring be more robust in water, or shall I stick with plain rose gold Alhambra ring or a simple yellow gold frivole ring? Would be grateful for any insight... Thank you!

Sorry if this sounds like a very odd question. I have been pondering a ring purchase from VCA and was tempted to get one of the Alhambra semi precious stone rings. However I then remember that these stones are not supposed to touch water. There is no way I will remove my ring to wash my hands (particularly in public bathrooms) as I will not remember to put it back on! My question is are there any stones that can contact with water? I have a Chanel camellia ring made with onyx and I wear it often but never take it off when I wash my hands and it doesn't seem to suffer any damage... Would the onyx Alhambra ring be more robust in water, or shall I stick with plain rose gold Alhambra ring or a simple yellow gold frivole ring? Would be grateful for any insight... Thank you!

Any gold with diamonds would be fine. I've hard that onyx is pretty hard, but I would worry about that, too.

Reactions: Hkgirlinlondon
Great question!! the onyx would likely be ok.. I would still avoid harsh soaps. But you should be fine! :smile:

Reactions: Hkgirlinlondon
Thank you so much all for the helpful replies. We were traveling in Tokyo today and I spotted a yellow gold Alhambra ring in a second hand shop and it is my ring size so I bought it!