Ringly launched today-wearable tech!

mmchav

Jul 28, 2013
CA
Hey ladies!

I'm so excited, today I preordered my ringly-- https://www.shoplocket.com/i/TlmSI

It's a ring that connects to your phone and notifies you of calls and other events so you can keep your phone in your purse. I'm a total phone addict so this is perfect for me!

Plus I mean it's super cute! I thought I'd share since they are selling at a discount for now! Have you ladies heard of this/ordered yours yet?

What do you think??

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1402448677.586571.jpg
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1402448688.634158.jpg
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1402448696.510036.jpg

mmchav

Jul 28, 2013
CA
Yea, how does this work?

There are 4 different colors on the light and 4 different vibrations that you can set to mean different things.

So you can have a green light+ short vibration(or something like that) when you get a call-- & have a pink light + a pulsing vibration when your bf texts you--- or anything!

It seems like you can tie it to alarms, texts, phone calls, app notifications, calendar events, anything that you care about. I'm a total techie nerd and love the concept personally.

NikkisABagGirl

Nicole Angela
O.G.
Aug 26, 2009
There are 4 different colors on the light and 4 different vibrations that you can set to mean different things.

So you can have a green light+ short vibration(or something like that) when you get a call-- & have a pink light + a pulsing vibration when your bf texts you--- or anything!

It seems like you can tie it to alarms, texts, phone calls, app notifications, calendar events, anything that you care about. I'm a total techie nerd and love the concept personally.
Sounds cool and interesting. My hubby would love to give me one. I never answer my phone and it is always dead. Sometimes I don't know why I have a phone. :P

Julide

Ahh Money Penny...
O.G.
Aug 23, 2007

Great idea, too bad it doesn't ship till fall.:sad:

jellyv

O.G.
Mar 29, 2006
Right up there with the Pet Rock.

The logic is fascinating:
(1) Who would be wearing the ring but not also carrying a phone? If you're that into your phone, you'd...have the phone nearby.

(2) If you do have your phone on you, the purpose of the ring would be what?

Cosmopolitan

former tPF mod
O.G.
May 23, 2006
I met a guy recently who had a watch, similar concept, it was synced up to his phone via Bluetooth. Whenever he got a call, text or alert, a notification would pop up on his watch, so he'd know to take his phone out of his pocket or holster. Seemed like it would be useful in places like business meetings where you have your phone on silent mode... or for women who keep their phones in their purses and don't like fishing them out all the time to check them. Apparently they call these "smart watches" and if you google you can find lots of pics.

Last edited:

katierose

Loves Charms & Bags
O.G.
Feb 17, 2009
California
Interesting. When my phones tucked in my bag and the bag is zipped up, it can be hard to hear, especially in noisy places. This could be useful in such situations...

jellyv

O.G.
Mar 29, 2006
Wherever it's inappropriate or unhandy to use the phone, and then the ring tells you something, isn't it still inappropriate/unhandy to use the phone? If so, then wouldn't people just wait to fish out the phone and look for calls/messages, which the phone itself does a fine job of recording for you? I don't get it, or don't want to get it.

(Insert diatribe here.)