ring resizing question / recommendations in SF?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I'm looking for recommendations for a place to resize rings in SF. I got a ring resized recently. It was complicated a bit because it's rose gold with stones and ornaments across the top 1/3 or the ring. When I picked it up I tried it on but didn't realize til later that it's now oddly shaped. you can tell where they cut it and there's a bump in the curve there and it's not symmetrical. I know that because they can't bend the front it wouldn't be a perfect circle but this usual for resizing?

It's the ring on the left in the photo below. Also does anyone have recommendations on a place to get repairs and resizing in SF?
    ty

[​IMG]

2. How much of a decrease/increase was the sizing?

3. It was from an 8 to a 6.

4. Well, I hate to say that that might have been a big of a jump for such a ring, but a good bench might be able to reshank the ring and laser weld it together.

Resizing can be very hard to do when it's a big "jump" up or down. Getting it smooth is the hardest part.

I don't live in the bay area but I do know on another board I frequent that Derco is very good.