Ring cut/design question! Help please

pixiesaz

Member
Apr 13, 2012
364
0
Australia
image-2370491072.jpg

Hi there :smile: my mum gave me these two old rings of hers. Just curious to know what design/style/cut each ring would be classified as? and how many carats each appears to be? (I don't even know if they're real diamond or not, but I wear and love them either way lol). Thanks in advance!
 

ame

O.G.
Mar 22, 2007
13,467
654
They're cluster rings, but theres no real way to guess on size.

In the top pic it would appear the ring is made of baguettes, rounds and an oval, an the bottom appears to be all rounds.
 

pixiesaz

Member
Apr 13, 2012
364
0
Australia
ame said:
They're cluster rings, but theres no real way to guess on size.

In the top pic it would appear the ring is made of baguettes, rounds and an oval, an the bottom appears to be all rounds.
Thank you! That is so helpful :smile: I know size is difficult to tell, but in your opinion, does each look like around 0.5, 1 or 1.5 carat? Guesstimate :P
 
Feb 26, 2010
730
1
It would be hard the estimate the size, given that we don't know your hand size and there are no other frames of reference. Even then, would you want an estimate of the ctw or each stone? It would be very difficult to do the latter.
 

pixiesaz

Member
Apr 13, 2012
364
0
Australia
elliesaurus said:
It would be hard the estimate the size, given that we don't know your hand size and there are no other frames of reference. Even then, would you want an estimate of the ctw or each stone? It would be very difficult to do the latter.
No not of each stone! That would be too much lol. My hands are on the smaller side, and my ring size is 7..?
 

ame

O.G.
Mar 22, 2007
13,467
654
Thank you! That is so helpful :smile: I know size is difficult to tell, but in your opinion, does each look like around 0.5, 1 or 1.5 carat? Guesstimate :P
The top one MIGHT be at most .5-1ct total weight of all stones combined. The bottom at best 1/4ish total. And that's probably generous. Since I don't have them in front of me and unmounted, I couldn't give you an idea on each individual stone.
 

pixiesaz

Member
Apr 13, 2012
364
0
Australia
ame said:
The top one MIGHT be at most .5-1ct total weight of all stones combined. The bottom at best 1/4ish total. And that's probably generous. Since I don't have them in front of me and unmounted, I couldn't give you an idea on each individual stone.
Hmm I they do seem similar to what you said! Thanks for the insight :smile: I'm just curious hehe