Travel RIMOWA, Anyone?

harrypaws

May 10, 2016
Hey everyone,
I am looking at buying an Essential Lite cabin bag, and i’m undecided about colour - I would normally just go for black but I can get it on the German Koffer24 website and its £70 cheaper than the Rimowa.com site but they only have 2 colours either Red or dark blue. Problem is I like both!
i’m also wavering on size and think I will get the smaller cabin bag does anyone know is it a big difference?

Reactions: uhpharm01
Nov 21, 2013
Hello, does anyone own the Rimowa Essential Trunk Plus? (https://www.rimowa.com/ww/en/luggage/colour/pink/trunk-plus/83280904.html)

My question is, the dimension is 80 x 37 x 41 cm totaling 158 cm. Most US/Canadian airlines such as UA and AC allowed a max of 158 cm in dimension for checked-in baggage. It's a bit too close. Do any of you have any experience checking in the trunk for a domestic flight within US/Canada? Do I need to pay oversized baggage fee? FYI I'm asking for the economy class passenger allowance.

Many thanks~

Reactions: uhpharm01

grismouette

May 9, 2021
I’m getting the carry on end of this year. How do you like yours? And how has it held up over the years?
After having it for a while my honest thoughts: it’s not practical- it’s expensive for luggage, heavy, and damages quite easily. The first time I used my rimowas they both got dented in one way or another. That being said, I love my rimowas! imo the dents add character. Similar to h spa I like that rimowa offers repairs on their luggages. I look forward to using my rimowas for many more years :smile:

May 26, 2021
my little hybrid family (cabin & check-in L):

the check-in I’ve had for a decade now, stolen from my parents’ Rimowa collection. You can see the corners are very beat-up and dented. Some of the glue on the inside lining has come loose somehow, making a sticky mess in some areas. I asked the Rimowa storespeople why this would happen and they couldn’t offer me an explanation. Nonetheless it’s been on 30+ trips with me already and is still managing to hold up.

The cabin I got two months ago - already showing some black tar marks on the aluminum corners from the 2 trips I went on since getting it. I also got my initials heat-stamped onto the luggage tag which is fun.
FC0706EE-BA8C-414A-96F8-8E4E9FC457B5.jpeg A83B48CF-BE42-4DE7-B104-4B03DD57590E.jpeg