Rigidie Kelly - slouch factor

Mrs......both my Bolide and Kelly Elan are Chamonix. Just like Box but with a Matte finish...I think Shoes' Plume is Chamonix as well.

My HAC is Box and I love it......the first chance I get to buy a Black Box vintage Kelly, I'll jump on it. I'm not particularly careful with it, just careful like I would normally be with my other bags.....it'll mark but that's the beauty of this leather for me. It gets a glorious patina over time. Hermes can also refurbish, recondition and generally do wonders with Box leather and it'll come back to you like new!

Shopmom, your bags are amazing!!! Love the Chevre Kellys and I just can't get enough of your Elan! Does the Elan have a top handle or is that a different Kelly clutch altogether?

Sue....it doesn't have the top handle. That would be the Kelly Clutch. Mine has a handle which lays flat at the back of the bag.

I don't think box is that scratch sensitive. I haven't had issues with mine and mine was vintage too.

Chamonix is neat! It's very much like box but with more of a matte finish. Very pretty and structured in the rigide kelly I saw. You might like it a lot!

Chevres.jpg

Shopmom, thanks so much !!!!!! This is a perfect comparison picture of rigide vesus souple in the same leather. Kiss Kiss!:cutesy:

Can you explain a little more of what you meant when you described the 28cm Caramel Chevre de Coromandel Rigide as "somewhat flexible due to the outside construction"?

Do you think 28cm is better than 32cm in keeping its shape?

I'm with Grands & Bagg on this one....Epsom and Vache Ligee are not my favorite leathers. Too.....paper-y and doesn't have a pleasant "hand" to it when touched.

I am slowly warming up to owning a Kelly. It may not be in the immediate future but I am thinking I should evaluate its parts in greater detail, so when the opportunity to own one comes up, I can make better informed decisions.

Someone was saying that the Kelly exudes a sense of elegance not comparable with any other bags, and I am beginning to appreciate the style. At first, I thought I would be impartial towards the souple Kelly because I don't really want to the stitches to show. Then I found out that inside stitching will make the Kelly slouch more, even in box! This realisation made me swing to studying the rigidie style, and this is where I am at this moment.

So it'll be good to understand from rigide Kelly owners, what leather they could recommend above others.
Yes! Definitely take your time to evaluate before you get your Kelly. Get one that you'll love & treasure for years to come! :heart: Maybe it's just me...but there's something very "magical" about Kellys. I always feel like a "princess" when I carry one :shame: IMHO, nothing beats a Kelly for elegance & class.

I've always been a souple Kelly girl, but with my recent acquisition of a Constance (where the sides are stitched somewhat like a sellier Kelly), the idea of a sellier Kelly is starting to grow on me...(READ: oh no) :P