Right- if you could choose any Mulberry what would it be?

mulberrytree

Jan 1, 2013
I was thinking of an Alexa for my birthday present- but I don't like how it slouches at all and I am falling out of love with it!

I am going to get an Antony with the money my Grandma has left but my parents said they will buy me another bag (with the range of a regular oax Alexa)

So, looking for recommendations really! Or a way in which I can get the Alexa not to "slouch"

Why not get a printed Alexa, they don't slouch at all. They are a few still left from the sales to good prices also. I have a black and an oak one and love them. I do love the standard Lexys also but the printed is really fab and not slouchy at all so perfect if ou dont like them to slouch. :biggrin:

I agree with Baginuse that printed lexie would be good if you like the look of lexie but not the slouch.
Have you considered SBS? Just a bit smaller but more structured.

Also agree with lolz and baginuse that printed lexie would be a fab way to avoid slouchiness.
I was having a good old fiddle with the new polished buffalo and that felt quite a bit sturdier than the normal buffalo. I haven't got one in polished buffalo though so can't be sure of this.
The printed lexie is most definitely a firm structured bag though.
What size bag were you hoping for?

I was thinking of an Alexa for my birthday present- but I don't like how it slouches at all and I am falling out of love with it!

I am going to get an Antony with the money my Grandma has left but my parents said they will buy me another bag (with the range of a regular oax Alexa)

So, looking for recommendations really! Or a way in which I can get the Alexa not to "slouch"
Well thats simple def get a printed lexi, as soon as i saw the printed in oak i fell in love with it instantly and i bought it as soon as it was out at the full price and have never regretted it since even though they are on sale now. I have to say i use it more than any of my other lexis and it is my fav lexi of all time. I also dont like the slouch on the normal lexi's so opted for this as soon as i saw it.
It is very tough and there is no slouch whatsoever. I use mine on sp. ocassions its such a smart bag.
This is the ultimate lexi for me. I dont know why they didnt think of it sooner.
Black is so smart wereas oak is more of a casual classic it all depends which colour you prefer and which suits your wardrobe i had a very hard time choosing and finally with the help of elvisfan4life choose the oak and i def made the right decision.;)

Last edited:
Right now on my wish list is

mini Del Rey in slate
valentine Lexi
Lily of somesort

Oh if we have no budget its the peach ostrich mini del rey in the coming soon section

I have to agree with the slate del rey which was a possibility on my wishlist but now ive bought far too much even too consider it lol and the ostrich del rey is truly amazing.
I was taking a peek at the coming soon sec too.
I wonder what you will buy next?

I think I'm the odd one pit.... Not a fan of the printed Lexy at all. LOVE the small slate delay and the valentine Lexy is stunning - cant wait to see some reveals...

I have a tip to help with the sagging lexy and it works a treat. You need a shoebox lid, some scissors and some cellotape.

I basically resized the big shoebox lid so that it fits perfectly in the Lexy. Using the spare bits I cut off to reinforce certain areas. You've just got to get crafty.

You could cover the shoe box lid with some fabric if you like so that it looks pretty when you go in to the bag. The raised edges of the shoe box lid probably need to be trimmed down a little bit too.. If that makes sense.

Anyway, the result is that you have a firm base in your Lexy and when you carry by long or short handle, it no longer sags and crumples in to an out of shape bag anymore. In fact, it looks just how it does when you see it on the shelf in the store when it's full of tissue paper.

I no longer have a lexy as the fiddly straps drove me nuts, but I must confess to really missing having a Lexy in my collection and despite the fiddling straps, potential sagging and need for a shoebox lid, I really want one again because its just such a cool looking casual bag.

I think I'm the odd one pit.... Not a fan of the printed Lexy at all. LOVE the small slate delay and the valentine Lexy is stunning - cant wait to see some reveals...

I have a tip to help with the sagging lexy and it works a treat. You need a shoebox lid, some scissors and some cellotape.

I basically resized the big shoebox lid so that it fits perfectly in the Lexy. Using the spare bits I cut off to reinforce certain areas. You've just got to get crafty.

You could cover the shoe box lid with some fabric if you like so that it looks pretty when you go in to the bag. The raised edges of the shoe box lid probably need to be trimmed down a little bit too.. If that makes sense.

Anyway, the result is that you have a firm base in your Lexy and when you carry by long or short handle, it no longer sags and crumples in to an out of shape bag anymore. In fact, it looks just how it does when you see it on the shelf in the store when it's full of tissue paper.

I no longer have a lexy as the fiddly straps drove me nuts, but I must confess to really missing having a Lexy in my collection and despite the fiddling straps, potential sagging and need for a shoebox lid, I really want one again because its just such a cool looking casual bag.
It is a good tip to place a cardboard inside the Lexys.
Or if you are not a crafty person or do prefer to just buy it ready and done, then get a base shaper from Ebay, I have bought one for my slouchy Lexys aswell for my Bays.
( but the printed Lexys are really fab!!) Like JAN I bought my 2 ones for full price, black one even just 2 days before the sale started here as I did not want to miss it during the sale, and I have not regretted it at all, I still think they are really fab and will hold up for a very long time both as it is classic and also the quality of the leather is amazing and it will only look even better with use. :biggrin:

Totally agree with baginuse. Had to have the printed Alexa and brought the oak first. Kept looking at .com pictures of the black but didn't want to pay the sale price. Selfridges reduced the black to half price and that was it, I gave in! Other option a patent Alexa???