Right Hand Ring Decision

efleon

LVoe
O.G.
Jul 30, 2008
5704A510-AD4E-4BA1-A85C-36695AA5AC91.jpeg BB1FB895-73AA-4A3C-9F86-F99514169081.jpeg 67194597-7B1A-40EE-8701-2A35AB73BD58.jpeg E4AD0EF9-2154-4C6F-BB6E-85B7464CFD46.jpeg Dear Jewelry-philes
I am in the happy position of purchasing a right hand ring.
I already own a couple sedate rings (Alex Sepkus, Tiffany gold Atlas and a diamond eternity band) but the two I’m considering are wildly different.
So I’m asking your advice.
The first candidate is a vintage 1960’s platinum diamond and perfect quality GIA certified royal blue gorgeous sapphire cocktail ring.
The second candidate is a perfect D color internally flawless clarity emerald cut 1.3 carat solitare.
The first is dressy.
The second is wearable everyday.
So ladies...do I go practical or scorched-earth Diva glamour?

The first one - I love the design as both the sapphire and diamonds shine equally. It’s absolutely gorgeous. The second ring is very elegant but I would choose the first ring[emoji4]
And I agree it’s dressy but I actually think it would look great with jeans and cute top as well and so it could be an everyday ring:smile:

Reactions: sgj99 and chessmont
I love the sapphire ring! In general I prefer wearing cocktail rings on my right hand as opposed to more "engagement ring" looking rings. Though there's nothing wrong with that either of course, but I would go for the sapphire ring :biggrin:

Reactions: wee drop o bush
Are they the same price? It depends on your lifestyle, really, would you wear the glam sapphire ring much? I can see the emerald cut being better value in the “pennies per wear” calculation (which is usually my dealbreaker for a purchase!).

Reactions: wisconsin
I very much appreciate the input! So far it looks like the sapphire Diva is galloping away with it. I honestly started by looking for a sapphire or any colored stone (just shying away from emeralds because they are soft) and after rejecting a lot of rings this one found me. At first glance, I laughed because it is so bling-y and the sapphire so bright it almost looked fake. Then when I tried it on it was crazy pretty! Very big. But very pretty.
Then I started the exact calculation Diamondbirdie mentioned and I got scared. It is a BIG purchase (both rings are within $1000 of each other) so I am going to take my time. I am also hoping I get more TPF-er opinions...❤️

Reactions: Diamondbirdie
Cocktail ring gets my vote! I find the other one just looks like another engagement ring. I reserve my right hand for more wild and creative jewelry!
What a wonderful position to be in! Love your choices and I'm sure you'll be happy regardless of what you pick!

I just stopped by to “visit” and take pics of the candidates on my hand as per your advice and it really helped me stick to my original choice which is the cocktail ring.
In comparison, the other looks positively anemic!
Still have a little saving up to do....