rich/healing moisturizer recs?

Sep 25, 2008
I have normal-dry/pretty dry skin (which tends to be flakey - i.e. even after the whole cleansing, toning, moisturizing routine there are sometimes still a few flakes that show up under foundation). I also do my own glycolic acid peels and I need a recommendation for a rich, thick, healing moisturizer. I'm willing to pay for this so high-end brands are OK. Considering Perricone...any comments?

I'd prefer something with proven ingredients in it (DMAE, hyaluronic acid etc.), but am willing to try almost anything.

Recs please?

people that have pretty dry skin like you seem to have luck with argan oil....

also, you may want to go into a dept. store and try some samples..

Dr. Perricone, Patricia Wexler.. just try something for a few days to see how your

skinreacts.. people also swear by Burt's bees

I have terribly sensitive skin and when I took Accutane it was almost unbearable, the only thing that consistently worked for me was Cetaphil Cream (not lotion). It's not expensive but it is amazing. I also use Eucerine Calming Cream in a pinch.

Creme de la Mer - another vote. See if you can try a sample first, but it's very rich and healing.

Also just wanted to say if your skin is dry, perhaps you should try lactic acid instead of glycolic? What you are using might be too harsh. Lactic acid is a lot more gentle on skin.

I have normal-dry/pretty dry skin (which tends to be flakey - i.e. even after the whole cleansing, toning, moisturizing routine there are sometimes still a few flakes that show up under foundation). I also do my own glycolic acid peels and I need a recommendation for a rich, thick, healing moisturizer. I'm willing to pay for this so high-end brands are OK. Considering Perricone...any comments?

I'd prefer something with proven ingredients in it (DMAE, hyaluronic acid etc.), but am willing to try almost anything.

Recs please?

actually you might be doing the damage to your skin with the gylcolic peels and toning (many toners contain alcohol, not sure if the one you're using does). Sometimes doing peels too often can exacerbate any preexisting skin conditions.

I do my own chemical peels to, but limit them in the summer months and when I do, I use emu oil (recommended by my dermatologist) to moisturize and heal the skin. You only need to use a little at night and in the morning just splash your face with water and pat dry (try not to use a wash cloth).

I have to give a hands down to LaMer, because it's main ingredient is mineral oil - a cheap filler.

I have to give a hands down to LaMer, because it's main ingredient is mineral oil - a cheap filler.

Hey you can't deny results... my skin has never looked better. What works for some might not work for others, though. Mineral oil is actually just fine for many people's skin. It's the ingredient that is least likely to cause irritation if someone has sensitive skin. There is also the gel cream which has no mineral oil in it that also works really well, or the lotion version.