Rhyder satchel in Mink?

kcoach

Jul 23, 2013
I decided to return my FOS purchase (Colette satchel), so went to my FP boutique store today and looked at possibilities for an exchange. I initially wanted to see the Dakotah (small size with no fringe) but all they had was the fringed one. Even without the fringe, I felt like it might not be the "perfect" bag, since I like to have an outside pocket to put my phone in, and I don't really need another black bag or the lighter blue that it comes in.

So I looked at the Rhyder satchel, which I'd seen in various colors at a local department store - and had not been impressed with at all. (In fairness, I think the ones I'd seen before were the smallest size, which I thought was too small for me.) I had only seen the teal and purple in person. But today, I got to see the Mink color and really liked it. I don't have anything that color, and it seems like a great neutral. The bag itself is a very nice size and shape for me, and has the outside pocket with a turnlock that I wouldn't even need to undo to get to my phone. And it has the longer strap for shoulder wear - kindof similar in function to the Molly bags I have and love.

Long story short, I brought the Mink home to look at with my wardrobe, but I don't see on here where anyone has bought that color in the Rhyder. The leather on it seems really nice - not too thin, not shiny looking.

I took a quick picture in the car, but will load it up with my stuff tonight and see how it hangs on me and how I like it (and decide whether or not to keep it). For those of you who've seen it (or bought something in the Mink color), what are your thoughts so far?

Attachments

• rhyder.jpg
    rhyder.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 1,235
Congrats! I love the Mink color - I think it's a great neutral shade. I had the same bag on the counter to purchase at my FP - and kept looking at the bronze on display, across the store. Then put them side-by-side - and all of the SA's talked me into the bronze (I hate when that happens - I had my mind set on Mink, and then they swayed me to the Bronze). Incidentally, so many on the forum have commented that they don't like the leather on the different colored Rhyders - I, on the other hand, DO. It's comparable to a calfskin or Nappa - meant to be thinner, and selected from smaller hides. Google either one (calfskin or nappa), and read some of the characteristics - it made me appreciate the leather more.

I walked out with Bronze Rhyder - however - wanted something in Mink. Mink Crosby will be my next bag. I love the black crosby, but want a more casual color - for me, the mink/silver hardware works!

Congrats! I love the Mink color - I think it's a great neutral shade. I had the same bag on the counter to purchase at my FP - and kept looking at the bronze on display, across the store. Then put them side-by-side - and all of the SA's talked me into the bronze (I hate when that happens - I had my mind set on Mink, and then they swayed me to the Bronze). Incidentally, so many on the forum have commented that they don't like the leather on the different colored Rhyders - I, on the other hand, DO. It's comparable to a calfskin or Nappa - meant to be thinner, and selected from smaller hides. Google either one (calfskin or nappa), and read some of the characteristics - it made me appreciate the leather more.

I walked out with Bronze Rhyder - however - wanted something in Mink. Mink Crosby will be my next bag. I love the black crosby, but want a more casual color - for me, the mink/silver hardware works!

Thanks! I love the gunmetal hardware on the mink! Congrats on your rhyder. Are you loving it?

Thanks everyone! I'm sad to say - it's not love... I loaded it up, looked at it in different lights, and I just feel like in order to spend this much money, I need to LOVE it. I do like it a lot, but not enough to keep.

The leather is nice but I've liked other bags better. It's a little saggy when loaded up (and I honestly like a little bit of sag, but I think due to the thinner leather, it seems to lose structure more easily - and I didn't have it fully loaded up). I like how it looks as a satchel, but not so much on my shoulder. Overall, a nice bag but I can't justify keeping it. So back she'll go tomorrow. :sad:

I did take some pics though, for anyone who's interested in the bag. In the first pic, you'll see it next to a Molly for size comparison. Pardon the workout clothes - I just got home from the gym!

Attachments

• IMG_3653.JPG
    IMG_3653.JPG
    88.6 KB · Views: 957
  • IMG_3656.jpg
    IMG_3656.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 962
  • IMG_3657.jpg
    IMG_3657.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 976