Rhodium plating

Hello all - I am trying to decide between a plain WG love bracelet and the WG Rainbow love. My biggest concern is how the rhodium plating wears and how often it needs to be redone. I would love to hear others’ experiences with love bracelets that have the rhodium plating and if you don’t mind sharing photos, that would be great!

TIA!

Hello all - I am trying to decide between a plain WG love bracelet and the WG Rainbow love. My biggest concern is how the rhodium plating wears and how often it needs to be redone. I would love to hear others’ experiences with love bracelets that have the rhodium plating and if you don’t mind sharing photos, that would be great!

TIA!
I had my WG plain Love rhodium plated after I got it as I didn't like the 'stainless steel' look after wearing it for awhile. It's been about 2 1/2 years since having it plated and it's holding up just fine, and being a guy I'm rather rough with it. I paid Cartier about $250.00 to for it, but had I known about plating I would have twisted their arm to do it for free with the purchase. Since Cartier WG is white anyway, even in the places where the plating is wearing, it's almost non visible.

Cartier only rhodium plates the pieces with diamonds (and I’m sure gemstones as well) is what my SA told me. I didn’t know they could do it as a service. That’s good to know!
When I asked about it at the store, the SA gave me a very stern 'NO THEY WON'T DO THAT'! So, I emailed the workshop in NYC and asked them about having it plated. They said 'Sure, no problem, send it to us or take it to a store' I went back to the store where the SA said no and had them send it in for me. Got it back a couple of weeks later looking like new!

I had my WG plain Love rhodium plated after I got it as I didn't like the 'stainless steel' look after wearing it for awhile. It's been about 2 1/2 years since having it plated and it's holding up just fine, and being a guy I'm rather rough with it. I paid Cartier about $250.00 to for it, but had I known about plating I would have twisted their arm to do it for free with the purchase. Since Cartier WG is white anyway, even in the places where the plating is wearing, it's almost non visible.

Thank you! For some reason, I thought when the plating is wearing off, it had and almost yellow appearance.

Reactions: avcbob
OP if you're interested in the rainbow Love I think they're being or have been discontinued, so time may be of the essence..

Cartier only rhodium plates the pieces with diamonds (and I’m sure gemstones as well) is what my SA told me. I didn’t know they could do it as a service. That’s good to know!
You can actually purchase the Clash w/o diamonds in rhodium plated wg. I’ve been trying to decide if I want it but seem to remember an allergic reaction to rhodium in the past.