Rhinoplasty Journey at April31 (Consultations and decision)

Hi all!

Apologies for neglecting on updates! Been so busy with life lol.
And thanks for sharing your experience and thoughts, keep them coming!!

Update - today hits my 16 weeks post op! Can confidently say my sinus is gone and I'm quite pleased with the appearance. My result thus far is natural looking.
There a days where my nose is really refined and days where it swells up ( esp hitting the 3 months mark) which is totally normal.

My nose doesn't feel as sensitive and my upper lip is no longer numb. I can blow out my nose as per normal (obv not too hard!)
Pretty much resuming normal activity - running and weightlifting.

My nose is still changing slightly everyday and I can't wait to see the final results in the coming months!

Will post some photos once I get home, I'm currently commuting by train

Hi all,

I’m too just had Rhinoplasty and Eye Surgeries at April 31.

I arrived Korea Thursday 2nd Nov last week for my first ever primary rhinoplasty and eyes revision. My nose is bulbous, big with lots of fat tissues. I had look through the forum and decided to choose April 31 for my surgeries.

I had a consultation with doctor Kim very briefly after the CT scan etc. It seemed dr Kim knows exactly what I wanted. After the meeting with Dr Kim it was too late too meet with doctor Oh to consult about my eyes revision surgery. Therefore I decided to come back to the clinic next morning.

After the consultation with dr Oh, I decided to have eye contour surgery, epicanthoplasty and lowering lower eyelid. Since I’m taking many surgeries at once, Brian gave me a quote with discount that we both agreed on. I had consult online with other clinics too hence by I think Brian did gave me reasonable quote. My surgery is scheduled on following Monday, which was yesterday.

After the doctors designed my eyes and nose, I was put under anesthesia for more than 3 hours. When I woke up, my face was full of bandages on and a little swollen. I was a bit freaks out but then Brian did comfort me not to worry, the swollen perhaps because of the fat grafting and PRP. Brian then arranged a car to drop me back to my hotel.

Last night was the first night and it was quite bad. I hardly sleep and kept waking up at night. My nose was runny and I hardly breath. I kept counting till the morning so that I can rush to the clinic and have the bandages remove. When I got to the clinic, it was Henry who do the translation for me. The nurse cleaned my nose, eyes and ears and put new bandages on.

Until now I hardly recognized myself, I’m counting each day to see changes with my eyes, nose and the effect of fat grafting and skin brightning.

Hi Ladymeo!

Congrats on a successful surgery! I hope you're recovering well.
It is a patience game really but trust me, it'll will get better with time.
I look super different too once I had my cast removed but I knew it was just temporary.my nose was really faaaat!
But It's really amazing to see the changes everyday! Your body is healing as fast as it can,so its best to let it take its natural course and whatever you do, do not touch your face!

You're doing an amazing job so far!!

X

Thanks for the update @Fruitpassion! Your review and some other reviewers here at the forum helped me make my decision with April31. I just had my rhino revision last week and had my bandage/wrapping off today... It's hard to say what the final results will be like, but so far I'm liking my new nose
Hi Ladymeo!

Congrats on a successful surgery! I hope you're recovering well.
It is a patience game really but trust me, it'll will get better with time.
I look super different too once I had my cast removed but I knew it was just temporary.my nose was really faaaat!
But It's really amazing to see the changes everyday! Your body is healing as fast as it can,so its best to let it take its natural course and whatever you do, do not touch your face!

You're doing an amazing job so far!!

X

Reactions: Fruitpassion
Hi adra11, thank you for sharing your experience. I am also considering primary rhino using the dermofat grafting method but am struggling to find information from people who have actually done it. I am also considering April 31 :smile: Please update us on your healing and the height and crooked bridge. Did the dermofat give dramatic height? Will it dissolve neatly (as in, the way that it was shaped, it just gets thinner in height) or will it spread around and dissolve outside the nose into other surrounding areas? I have to ask bc it is 'fat' and it's so difficult to find information on it. Also, were you left with any scars on the top of your nose (where they pulled the graft into place using what I am guessing is some sort of needle and dissolvable thread)? (please correct me if I am wrong, saw a video online of the method once)...

Wishing you a speedy and easy recovery, please update us on the swelling as well.
So glad you love your eyes now :smile:

Sorry for the late reply.
I think everything is healing considerably well. The result looks very natural. I think the bridge will look a little more define after all the swelling is gone. The bridge and tip still feels a bit numb and tingly. The swelling rate does not go down at the same rate for different parts of the nose.

This is Day 53 (week 7) pic. Took it with the iphone front camera. Sorry it's a bit slanted.
File 26-11-17 10.25.11.jpeg
As you can see, one side is more swollen than the other, which makes the nose looks deviated upfront. Definitely looks weird. It looks normal from side view though. Brian did said that it can took up to 6 months for all the swelling to go down completely for the dermofat graft cases. So I can only be patient.
The only scar I can see is across the columella. I think it's hardly noticable by other people, and it's starting to fade. The scar inside my right nostril still bleeds a little, although it doesn't hurt.
I have more problem with the scar on the tailbone/back area where dr.Kim took the graft. The scar there heals relatively slower, itchier and more uncomfortable. Oh, and the scars there won't disappear. So, if you don't want a big scar on your back (top of butt, near the waist), then don't consider a dermograft rhino.

Hey @Fruitpassion! You’re results look great. I had a question about your consultation process. When you decided with April 31, weren’t you afraid they might now have a available slot for you within the time you were staying in Korea since you only have so many days there? And did you bargain with them? Thanks!

Thank you so much for updating us @adra11 ! Your results look very natural. It will definitely take time for all the swelling to subside. Did you have a decent bridge to begin with? My bridge is pretty flat - not sure if dermofat will give me enough height... Would you recommend it for a moderate change? I'm considering silicone as well now... Please let us know how you go with the absorption... this is what makes me hesitant about dermofat grafting.

Not the greatest quality -Taken with iPhone 7 front cam.

p.s To show a true reflection of my nose, most of the photos my face is bare except the 4th photo.

View attachment 3891505 View attachment 3891506 View attachment 3891507 View attachment 3891508 View attachment 3891509 View attachment 3891510
Hi @Fruitpassion, thanks for sharing. Would you mind posting your updated photos since November 2017? What does it look like currently? Are you happy with all your profiles?

Hi all,

I’m very sorry I have not been updating, life got in the way

It’s almost 11 months and I’m quite happy with the result, it is very natural looking. However I did prefer the height of the at 3-4 month mark.
My nose is still slightly changing everyday but overall no complications to date.

Below are pics at 6 months and 10months.

Attachments

• 79119E94-0876-44D3-9A3C-68FE0FB83019.jpeg
    79119E94-0876-44D3-9A3C-68FE0FB83019.jpeg
    71.2 KB · Views: 237
  • D32261C8-9B93-4F3A-A180-64F39C18262C.jpeg
    D32261C8-9B93-4F3A-A180-64F39C18262C.jpeg
    94.5 KB · Views: 223
Hi all,

It’s almost 11 months and I’m quite happy with the result, it is very natural looking. However I did prefer the height of the at 3-4 month mark.
My nose is still slightly changing everyday but overall no complications to date.

i really like your nose. i think we have similar type of concern. my bridge is okay. after your post i got a quote from them and i was told 11.5 million.... omg. with just revision tip plasty and alar...

Hi all,

do you mind snapping a front profile and also how it looks from the bottom. i might just copy your nose. jaja