rh on black??

Apr 19, 2009
Hello! I was wondering if anyone who ownes a rh black balenciaga, thinks that the hardware gets a bit lost? I want a black twiggy, but am worried that it will look like a black blob if the harware is very subtle, KWIM?

I don't own one, but I think the tassels make up for it. Tassels give an edge/sexiness to the bag so the hardware can remain understated. It's like a lady with a tantalizing ponytail - you notice the ponytail, not so much the elastic band around the ponytail.

I think it depends on which year the bag's from. Older Bbags have more vintage-looking brass studs so the hardware stands out more. But the outer coating of RH wears off eventually so the lighter brass underneath will show through, making the hardware more distinct. If you're concerned about this, maybe Anthra or another dark color would work better?

There are also PH Twiggies:heart: PH definitely stands out! Here's a picture of an 04 Twiggy:

attachment.php

BAL doesn't sell Pewter Hardware on bags anymore.
also, if you're only interested in the twiggy style, it only comes with regular hardware, not giant.
personally, i prefer the RH over the GGH/SGH, but i'm less into bling - i prefer the style and the low key coolness of RH ...

It's all about the leather and the tassels for me too. I like the hardware to be understated. Otherwise, I think it distracts from the whole smooshiness with windblown tassels. :broom: