Rh Ethan Allen pottery barn and west elm help!

1. The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2019 Early Access is now open to Nordstrom card members! Please support TPF by using this link before shopping the sale. We're also giving away eight $200 gift cards to 8 lucky TPFers during the duration of the NAS! Find out more...
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. i recently found out that basically all mainstream furniture companies had been including flame retardants in their furniture for the past forty years. (I know scary and so annoying!) That has stopped but they are now using mostly polyurethane foam in their cushions. I've done some research on polyurethane and they containe chemicals that I know I don't want to be breathing in (like toluene which is a known carcinogen). I have reached out the Ethan Allen, PB, west elm and rh for info on what their foam cushions are made of. I'm still waiting on responses from ea PB and rh. West elm has informed me that their couches contain some polyurethane - has anyone found a mainstream furniture brand that does not have polyurethane foam cushions? Some have soy but it's only a small percentage. I don't want to purchase from an organic line that is gots certified only because I'm out in DC and all those store are in la and ny and I like to see an item before purchasing!

2. you might be interested in contacting joybird about their cushions. they're made of polyurethane but claim not to use flame retardants or harmful chemicals http://joybird.com/materials/

however, if you choose to purchase, you won't be able to see it first since the products are made to order, but their return policy is very generous.

i'm located in the mid-atlantic region as well, so i totally understand the frustration of finding things only located in CA or NY.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice