rggh IRL in Amsterdam - nothing like ggh

Dear ieweuyhs, thank you so much for your report on the RGGH! Thank you also for pointing out the black lines because I didn't see it irl yet but I saw the black lines on the pics postet here and always wasn't sure if it was just my eyes.
So at this point I have to say the smaller rose gold hw is nothing for me. I'm exited to see it in the giant version, but at the moment I'm not liking it.

You're welcome, Pinkydream. I doubt the bigger RGGH would be any better, unless they remove the black lines?

You've got sharp eyes! All I ever saw on the pics were just dark muted gold. Never saw the black lines till I saw it IRL. But seriously disappointed. Guess I'll probably stick to an RH Olive.

^ I have a little hope for the giant version of the rose gold because I have a 07 mastic ggh coin purse and the small gold hw also looks like if it has painted on black lines. So I hope that what the painted effect on the small rose gold hw is could be real structure on the giant version. Maybe the painting is just to show the structure of the giant hw, at least I hope that the giant version will not have this!!

Here's a photo of the Town with RGH. I do not like RG jewelry so thought I wouldn't care for this but I LOVE it. It is more muted.

Attachments

• RGGH Town 2010.jpg
    RGGH Town 2010.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 94
^ I have a little hope for the giant version of the rose gold because I have a 07 mastic ggh coin purse and the small gold hw also looks like if it has painted on black lines. So I hope that what the painted effect on the small rose gold hw is could be real structure on the giant version. Maybe the painting is just to show the structure of the giant hw, at least I hope that the giant version will not have this!!

Really? I sure hope so too! But it also means a Town is out for me. Time to look at the "big picture".

I have to agree with you *Aarponen* ... the RGGH just isn't my "cup of tea". I understand that some folks thought the GGH was too B-L-I-N-G (I am/was a fan), but what would have been nice was to at least have the option:

1) Regular Hardware
2) Giant GOLD Hardware
3) Giant SILVER Hardware
4) Giant ROSE GOLD Hardware

to be completely "shut off" by Balenciaga STINKS!!!! If it's that much more expensive to produce, then so be it ... charge the consumer accordingly (and maybe don't produce as many), but at least let the buyer decide if they want to still purchase it!

If I buy anything anymore (which is a LOT MORE rare than before!), then I find myself going back to the '07 GGH's or back to Regular Hardware (again - oftentimes the older/Chevre bags). Thank goodness that I fell in love with the GGH bags early on and it was pretty much exclusively what I bought; at least I still have them to cherish!!

For me these new bags in general do nothing. They keep addidg new styles and forget that the good old styles remain their value better. I would probably only produce first, day, city, PT and work with all the hardware and would sop inventing styles... would save up some money from RD to produce gold, lol. For some reason it also looks like they are getting less inventive with colours too.

I have to agree with you *Aarponen* ... the RGGH just isn't my "cup of tea". I understand that some folks thought the GGH was too B-L-I-N-G (I am/was a fan), but what would have been nice was to at least have the option:

1) Regular Hardware
2) Giant GOLD Hardware
3) Giant SILVER Hardware
4) Giant ROSE GOLD Hardware

to be completely "shut off" by Balenciaga STINKS!!!! If it's that much more expensive to produce, then so be it ... charge the consumer accordingly (and maybe don't produce as many), but at least let the buyer decide if they want to still purchase it!

If I buy anything anymore (which is a LOT MORE rare than before!), then I find myself going back to the '07 GGH's or back to Regular Hardware (again - oftentimes the older/Chevre bags). Thank goodness that I fell in love with the GGH bags early on and it was pretty much exclusively what I bought; at least I still have them to cherish!!
ita with you and aarponen ,i am not a fan of rggh either,i am happy to have my precious ggh bags:heart:

Here is a photo of Canard with Rose Gold. I agree that it looks nothing like GGH:

attachment.php

I am on the fence about this one.

Attachments

• Canard Rose gold 001.jpg
    Canard Rose gold 001.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 160
Indeed ... I just don't get Balenciaga sometimes; it's a fashion house ... they don't have people who would say to themselves "gee - the Canard would love FANTASTIC with the GGH" ... wtf?!?!
lol it is a strange brand:P(i am still curious to know the reason why they blacklisted CARINE ROITFELD and french vogue:confused1:staff)...and i forgot to say :light olive with ggh would be stunning as well:graucho:

For me these new bags in general do nothing. They keep addidg new styles and forget that the good old styles remain their value better. I would probably only produce first, day, city, PT and work with all the hardware and would sop inventing styles... would save up some money from RD to produce gold, lol. For some reason it also looks like they are getting less inventive with colours too.

I am glad they are inventing new styles and trying new things. I haven't seriously been interested in Balenciaga in years - pretty much ever since they came out with the new hardware. I tried one bag with the SGH and it was too heavy and too blingy for me. I had my fair share of day bags and works and had nowhere to go from there.

Now, after a lot of trial and error, I feel they have finally come out with some great new shapes (the Velo and Town) and I am finally interested in them again. The lines on the RGGH sound like an oxidized or antiqued finish which I love! Its a way to make the gold hardware more rock & roll.

So, I'm sorry you are let down, but there are a lot of people who are excited about this!

i can understand your feelings circoit;)

i am also curious to see the new style vèlo and town on me ,i don 't like the new rggh instead the"oxidized finish" is just what i don't like in this kind of hardware :sad: ,it looks dull IMO, btw i know many other tpfers will love it :heart:;)