RG or MOP?

luxforme

Sep 11, 2011
I’m having a hard time deciding between Rose Gold or MOP sweet Alhambra bracelet. For those who chose one or the other, what are the pros and cons of each?

I noticed more people have the MOP in sweet size vs the rose gold. Is it because it makes more of a statement?

Reactions: hhw
I don't have any sweets but noticed you didn't have a reply (I think most here collect vintage size). I think it totally depends on whether you want to wear it with another bracelet what bracelet that would be. It also depends on what other jewelry you wear daily. The solid rose gold is more carefree than MOP. MOP cannot get wet, so you have to take it on and off daily and be careful when you wash hands. The downside of the rose gold is that there are fewer other sweet bracelets in rose gold if you want to add another. So the strategy should be to look at the others and decide which two you like together, if you ever think you'll want to add another sweet bracelet. I always look at the big picture when planning a VCA purchase, because I always will want at least two items that go together (such as earrings and bracelet, or pendant and bracelet, etc.).

Reactions: hhw and Phoenix123
I don't have any sweets but noticed you didn't have a reply (I think most here collect vintage size). I think it totally depends on whether you want to wear it with another bracelet what bracelet that would be. It also depends on what other jewelry you wear daily. The solid rose gold is more carefree than MOP. MOP cannot get wet, so you have to take it on and off daily and be careful when you wash hands. The downside of the rose gold is that there are fewer other sweet bracelets in rose gold if you want to add another. So the strategy should be to look at the others and decide which two you like together, if you ever think you'll want to add another sweet bracelet. I always look at the big picture when planning a VCA purchase, because I always will want at least two items that go together (such as earrings and bracelet, or pendant and bracelet, etc.).
Thanks for your response! I went ahead with the RG since you and most others mentioned MOP can’t get wet.

I have a rose gold 6-motif, I wear it for many months on end without ever taking it off, often stacked with other delicate bracelets! It's SO carefree and feels very sturdy, I'm a huge fan of how carefree it is. Love it so much, would absolutely repurchase if I ever lost it :smile: I don't think you'd regret it!
View attachment 4759411
it looks beautiful on you! I was also debating between the one vs the 6 motif but decided on 1 since I thought the others would get banged up as I‘m on the computer typing a lot. How is the wear on yours? Do you find lots of scratches?

it looks beautiful on you! I was also debating between the one vs the 6 motif but decided on 1 since I thought the others would get banged up as I‘m on the computer typing a lot. How is the wear on yours? Do you find lots of scratches?
Thank you! I see NO visible wear on it at all, and that's coming from me with perfect vision :biggrin: Besides, I'm a gamer girl and spend quite a lot of time on my computer... The metal on my mac got banged up from all the jewelry, but my bracelets certainly look good as new, about 3 years later! I don't see an issue with that at all because of the unique texture that the all gold creates, there's no flat surface that would show wear.

Reactions: luxforme and hhw
Great choice! Post a picture for us when you get a chance!

I just got it and learned a few things haha

1. when people say the Sweet is tiny, you really can’t tell until you see it in person. Pictures can’t fully capture HOW small it is.

2. the chain is so sparkly and pretty. This truly is dainty!

3. Now that I’ve seen the sweet, I think the vintage size may not be as big as the pictures all show.

4. Wondering if I should have saved up for the 5 or 6 motif

nevertheless, still a very cute piece and nice for everyday wear

Attachments

• 8DB2FDA2-F0A6-4A9E-B435-F376CBFB4D89.jpeg
    8DB2FDA2-F0A6-4A9E-B435-F376CBFB4D89.jpeg
    104.9 KB · Views: 203
  • F3E85E3D-7F09-49F4-80A9-9F5A8B049ED7.jpeg
    F3E85E3D-7F09-49F4-80A9-9F5A8B049ED7.jpeg
    98 KB · Views: 201
  • 90240075-7B8F-415A-A2E9-D841B06E9E07.jpeg
    90240075-7B8F-415A-A2E9-D841B06E9E07.jpeg
    94.6 KB · Views: 183
Last edited:

1. when people say the Sweet is tiny, you really can’t tell until you see it in person. Pictures can’t fully capture HOW small it is.

3. Now that I’ve seen the sweet, I think the vintage size may not be as big as the pictures all show.

It looks great with your Tiffany bracelet! I think it's fine for your purposes. However, I usually recommend moving on to vintage size rather than collecting a lot of sweets. The vintage size for bracelets is pretty much a forever size for all ages, although many people eventually seem to also collect Magic size pieces, as well.

Ironically, my first piece was the rose gold 6 motif sweet bracelet. But after I had it a few days, I decided to change it to the yg vintage bracelet. (But I am likely old enough to be your mother!:lol: )

Reactions: hhw and luxforme
It looks great with your Tiffany bracelet! I think it's fine for your purposes. However, I usually recommend moving on to vintage size rather than collecting a lot of sweets. The vintage size for bracelets is pretty much a forever size for all ages, although many people eventually seem to also collect Magic size pieces, as well.

Ironically, my first piece was the rose gold 6 motif sweet bracelet. But after I had it a few days, I decided to change it to the yg vintage bracelet. (But I am likely old enough to be your mother!:lol: )

thanks! Does the size of bracelets go up as we age? I used to love the Hermes H clics when I was younger but as I get older, I suddenly found them to be too big for some reason. I find the Tiffany T wire to be the perfect size. Not too big or small. It’s too bad I don’t live anywhere near a VCA boutique to truly see how the vintage size looks on me ☹️

Reactions: DS2006 and hhw
I would just say that dainty jewelry is more often worn by younger women and teens, and as we age, we definitely can wear more substantial jewelry. The vintage bracelet is not large by any means for an adult. There are people here with tiny wrists who get them and have VCA shorten them to the right length. And many people add Magic size pieces, as well.

You might enjoy skimming through the VCA family portrait thread to see what some of the longer term collectors have chosen. It's one of my favorite threads!

Reactions: luxforme

:heart: your stack! I must be one of the very few who actually like the Sweet Alhambra better than the larger sizes. My wrists are pretty small and I like the dainty look of the sweet. I'm actually considering purchasing one to stack with my two Love bracelets, but wonder how long the sweet alhambra is when worn on the shortest ring setting. I don't have a boutique near me to go try them on.

:heart: your stack! I must be one of the very few who actually like the Sweet Alhambra better than the larger sizes. My wrists are pretty small and I like the dainty look of the sweet. I'm actually considering purchasing one to stack with my two Love bracelets, but wonder how long the sweet alhambra is when worn on the shortest ring setting. I don't have a boutique near me to go try them on.
The bracelet is 17 cm on the long setting and 15,5 cm on the shortest. There is 1,5 cm difference between the rings. Hope this helps!
You can always shorten them to the length you want. I have had one (but sold it, it was just to small looking for my liking) and shortened to 16 cm in total (and 14,5 cm short ring). So that is always an option if you prefer a certain length. I liked it on the longest setting, because I hate the dangling part of the chain, but that is just a personal preference ;)

Reactions: Kmazz39 and hhw

Thank you! At first I was a bit shocked at the size but now I love it. The rose gold is also so carefree. I don’t have to worry about getting it wet. I wear it on the shortest jump ring and it still rotates on me. Doesn’t bother me too much. My wrist is 6.2 or so and I believe the shortest Jim is 6.3? Hope that helps!

Reactions: hhw