RG necklace - Cartier Love or VCA alhamra

shinelove20

Sep 22, 2020
Screenshot 2020-09-24 at 6.11.00 PM.png Screenshot 2020-09-24 at 6.10.31 PM.png
Hi ladies!
I would like to add a RG necklace to my collection and am down to these two.
I currently own:
- Cartier RG Love necklace (small hoops) - looking for a RG necklace to go with them!
- VCA sweet alhambra WG pave necklace and ear studs- these are my daily set

I am trying to decide between the Cartier Love necklace which would definitely go with the earrings as a perfect set, or the VCA pendant in vintage size (so it will be larger than my WG sweet).
I wear my WG set daily and maybe once or twice a week change into my RG hoops which are a lil bit dressier to me. I really want a RG necklace to match the hoops!
Do you guys think the alhamra is more timeless than the love necklace? My concern is that the love necklace may seem a bit young 10 years down the line (I'm in my early 30s).
XX

Reactions: Familyfirst

GucciGoneWild

Sep 2, 2019
I’ve seen women of all ages wear the alhambra style in the VCA thread. I think it really just depends on your own personal STYLE rather than age..,I say all that to say get whichever one calls you more but for a necklace I would definitely do the VCA! It stands out more to me but Cartier necklaces have never been my sweet spot

30th anniversary cuff
O.G.
Aug 31, 2008
VCA IMO would be more versatile with either. And I like the differences of scale of your earrings and proposed necklace as a set Or possibly layering more than one necklace? Have fun and would love to see a mod shot when you decide! I do think the VCA matures better, but buy what you love!

PC1984

Jan 1, 2016
I prefer the VCA! I have the yg ten station and it is so versatile. The all gold alhambra pieces are so beautiful.

Reactions: 880

shinelove20

Sep 22, 2020
Thank you ladies! I do agree the VCA is more versatile and timeless!
i used to think one alhambra set is enough - who was I kidding?!