~* Revolution on my new OTK fifre boots *~ (A reveal and a dramatic change)

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Nordstrom Fall Sale is now live! Save up to 40% on Nordy's best brands, including bags, shoes, clothes, home, and kids'. Click to shop.
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. So.. I've been searching around for the perfect OTK boots. I liked the leather OTK Fifre millitary style but it was a bit too much for me... so i charge ordered the suede.... but.... small difference..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. omg..I wanna see!

3. :popcorn:

4. So they are exactly what I wanted ..
    except with Black buttons!
    I thought they had silver ones from other stores.. but i tried them on anyway
    It's not the end yet!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

5. and i tried and tried.. i called the boutiques.. i called every department store in canada and the US.. no one ordered the suede in silver buttons.. :thinking:
    Only net-a-porter UK site had them and they are all sold out.. and ....
    that got me thinking....

Can i take it to a cobbler and change the buttons?? no.. to much risk!!!

how do i get metallic buttons on this pair of boots......

:idea: PAINT THEM!

Yes i know.. some of you might have fainted at this point.. i literally just got this pair of boots and i want to paint the buttons? am i Insane? yes.. i've lost sleep over this.. trust me..

6. Stunning! I love them on you...I agree, probably would look better with silver buttons, but black is not bad also...I'm so Jelly!!!

7. After a lot of thought.. i decided to use spray paint... i know.. not the most careful way of painting a pair of suede boots' buttons.. but not being an artist makes me feel like spray paint will give me the best chance for an even coat...

off to Home Depot to find some silver chrome painting.. a literally straight from the can

and off to protect my precious baby for the transformation

First layer.. good ol kitchen wrap

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

8. :popcorn::woot:

9. ^:amazed:

10. Second layer of wrap with heavy tissue paper, and ducking tape between every single button to make sure that nothing gets under or on to the boots...

my boots look like they are mummified

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

11. Now..... say a little prayer... for my old boots ..... :kiss:

12. Hurry hurry!!! :smile: I need to sleep :P

13. on with the paint...
    Make sure you have some kind of vent going or do this out door.. but being in NYC it's hard to find a stable outdoor place to paint your shoes... so kitchen it is...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

yes scary.. i know i know...

Attached Files:

14. Omg!!!!!

15. #15 Sep 3, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2009
    ANd one hour later.. another layer

and a sleepless night worrying about the boots....... careful removal of all excess material

and voila!:yahoo:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files: