Reviving a Juicy Couture Velour Handbag?

nc.girl

Girly Gear Head
Dec 10, 2010
North Carolina, USA
I have a black Juicy Couture velour bowling style handbag which I absolutely love. I've carried it a good bit, and recently noticed that some of the velour along the top portions have started to have a brownish appearance. I'm not sure why, as I keep my bags in my closet when they aren't being carried and they're not really exposed to much sunlight or anything that could cause fading. I've never washed the bag in the washing machine or anything crazy like that; I've just carried it and been very careful with it.

Any ideas on how I can fix this? The bag is in great shape otherwise, and I don't want to stop carrying it...but those little light areas are really bugging me!

Thanks in advance!

katierose

Loves Charms & Bags
O.G.
Feb 17, 2009
California
Unfortunately, I've noticed that some of the black velour bags lose color and turn a brownish black. It's the nature of many black fabrics to fade a bit, so I attribute the problem to the black dyes used on the fabric. If it bugs you, take it in to a Juicy Couture store and see if they can help, maybe they can replace it or something?

nc.girl

Girly Gear Head
Dec 10, 2010
North Carolina, USA
Unfortunately, I've noticed that some of the black velour bags lose color and turn a brownish black. It's the nature of many black fabrics to fade a bit, so I attribute the problem to the black dyes used on the fabric. If it bugs you, take it in to a Juicy Couture store and see if they can help, maybe they can replace it or something?
I kind of figured it was probably just the dye coming out. I've carried this bag for about a year, so I doubt the store would help me much (I don't even have a clue where the receipt is lol). It's worth a try though; thanks!

I hate to retire the bag, but the fading is bugging me. To be on the smaller side, it really holds a lot of stuff and that's why I love it so much. I might just have to get me another in a different color if the store can't help me out with this one.

marieB

May 2, 2010
colorado
Ive had a wallet do that to me , it wasnt alot.
This may sound off the wall to you , but....
I always take a brand new black sharpe permanent marker and color in the spots.(very carefull not to harm the velour)
Has always looked great ! and its either try that or never wear it again ? so why not !
Hope that helps . :yes:

lizgirl17

Feb 16, 2010
Philadelphia
lol i tried a black sharpie on a yorkie charm that had some chips in the enamel haha it didn't work so well but it didn't look terrible , so yeah if its that or chuck it than give it a try

nc.girl

Girly Gear Head
Dec 10, 2010
North Carolina, USA
Ive had a wallet do that to me , it wasnt alot.
This may sound off the wall to you , but....
I always take a brand new black sharpe permanent marker and color in the spots.(very carefull not to harm the velour)
Has always looked great ! and its either try that or never wear it again ? so why not !
Hope that helps . :yes:
I thought about using a Sharpie LOL. Just wasn't sure if I'd do more harm than good. I'm glad you suggested it; I think I'm gonna give it a try! The spots aren't too awfully big, and most of them are at the top near the leatherish edging on the purse. It shouldn't be too noticeable if I do a few small "touch ups."

Thank you for the advice! :biggrin:

brehappy

Mar 3, 2012
If the entire black velour purse faded, does the sharpie idea still apply, or is this just spot treatment?

Candees

Sep 18, 2011
VApump's Apt.
Can you perhaps just spot dye the bag by making a really thick paste out of RITE dye?

I would be very careful not to allow it to bleed onto the lining though.