Revision Forehead augmentation Surgery at View Hospital in Seoul, Korea

aahmed

Dec 3, 2020
I am making a new thread about my upcoming revision forehead augmentation surgery at View Hospital in Seoul.
My surgical history went back about 5 years ago. I had a consult with a reconstructive surgeon about my forehead appearance.
I had a visible concave dent in the middle of my forehead and sometimes people would come up to me and literally ask what was wrong with my forehead.
The doctor was working at University Hospital, Newark,NJ and he said the procedure was simple and he could get it done. He would use bone cement
to fill in the indentation and widen the upper forehead to give it more volume for a more balance face.
My surgery was schedule at Hackensack Hospital, and I arrive early 7 am to prepare for the surgery. I met the doctor before the surgery and he again went over surgery plan. I was put under and I was out. I woke up 3 hours later. The doctor was at my side and told me it all went well. Although I was drowsy I told him thanks and gave a smile. I went home the same day bandage wrapped around my head. My forehead was really swollen and my head look huge.
I went back in after a few days and get the stitches removed. The swelling was subsiding slowly but surely and the result was looking good. I tried to feel
my forehead to locate where I think the bone cement was placed, but it was difficult since, my forehead was filled with fluid.
Three month had went bye and I still had a small amount of fluid still in the forehead but I could feel my forehead bone now. I could feel that there was no bone cement applied to where my problem area. After some time and all the fluid was gone from my forehead I could see that my forehead concavity was
now even worse. I ask the doctor why he didnt do the procedure he said he would do. His reply was let me use another filler. I would not let hime touch me again.

Fast forward to the year 2020. For years I have been searching for a qualified surgeon that was reasonably priced. I contacted many clinic in Seoul and Thailand but they all told me that they could not help. Then I contacted View Hospital and I got a response from Judy. A very patient, responsive and kind staff member. She requested cat scan of my head. I was able to get it and send the file to Judy via Dropbox. A couple of days later Judy reach out to me and gave me the good news. The surgeon at View Hospital will take my case. I was assign to Dr. Yun Chang Woon. I did some researh and View Hospital and I was happy with the result. I had a What's App consult with Dr Woon an went over my condition. Basically the plan is to remove the bone cement and put a custom build implant specially tailored to my forehead.

TO be Continued

I already booked my accommodation with View Hospital and paid for my round trip airline ticket from JFK New York to INCHEON INTERNATIONAL,Seoul flying Asiana airline. I actually line in the Northampton county in Pennsylvania, so I have to figure out how I will get to JFK airport from where I live without costing too much money.

Mazikeen, thank you for your well wishes. I will be giving update on my progress and provide before and after photos. But I dont understand this line " I'm assuming View will want some sort of compensation for the ticket? "
I chose View Hospital after intense research and excellent reputation. View staff was a pleasure to work.

Mazikeen, thank you for your well wishes. I will be giving update on my progress and provide before and after photos. But I dont understand this line " I'm assuming View will want some sort of compensation for the ticket? "
I chose View Hospital after intense research and excellent reputation. View staff was a pleasure to work.
Sorry my bad. I misread your post, I thought you meant that View had paid for your round ticket.

Assy,
The surgery went very well. The View Hospital is unbelievable good. The hospitality, the care, and the service does not compare to anything in the USA. I am back in the USA now and I am very happy. I will be giving a full review soon. Judy which is the patient coordinator is an angel, just unbelievable.

The doctor that perform my surgery was Dr. Yun Chang Woon. A very humble and skilled physician. I would like to say thanks to Dr. Yun Chang Woon for an amazing service. You can't even see the incision in my scalp and no complications.
View Hospital had recommend that I stay two weeks and I would have but I already statyed two weeks in quarantine so I just could not stay any longer... I am very happy ! GOD is Great !!!!!

Assy,
The surgery went very well. The View Hospital is unbelievable good. The hospitality, the care, and the service does not compare to anything in the USA. I am back in the USA now and I am very happy. I will be giving a full review soon. Judy which is the patient coordinator is an angel, just unbelievable.

The doctor that perform my surgery was Dr. Yun Chang Woon. A very humble and skilled physician. I would like to say thanks to Dr. Yun Chang Woon for an amazing service. You can't even see the incision in my scalp and no complications.
View Hospital had recommend that I stay two weeks and I would have but I already statyed two weeks in quarantine so I just could not stay any longer... I am very happy ! GOD is Great !!!!!
Amazing ! I am very happy for you! Thank you for updating! Can u plz tell me was surgery on ur forehead or crown/top of head? Do u know the material of implant used? And plz tell me how was hotel u stayed at for quarantine ? Plz tell me the cost so I can know what to expect. Thank you

Hello Assy,
My surgery was a revision and my previous surgery the material used was bone cement and the result was horrible.
Dr.Woon was able to remove the old bone cement with just a small incision on the top of my head, I am still amazed how he was abe to do that, but any way he insert a custom made implant into the upper forehead and now my face is in harmony... I will do a complete write up soon.
I did my quarantine at the Marina Bay hotel, but you cannot chose which hotel you go to. I have another friend who stayed at another hotel I forgot the name but hers was better. The stay was ok, but you are not allowed to talk to other guest and you cant leave the hotel or room for that matter.. You can get deported if you break the quarantine rule.
Regarding the money, I am not allowed to say it but it was really good price. I also received 8% cash back when I was leaving the country, so that was like great.

Hello Assy,
My surgery was a revision and my previous surgery the material used was bone cement and the result was horrible.
Dr.Woon was able to remove the old bone cement with just a small incision on the top of my head, I am still amazed how he was abe to do that, but any way he insert a custom made implant into the upper forehead and now my face is in harmony... I will do a complete write up soon.
I did my quarantine at the Marina Bay hotel, but you cannot chose which hotel you go to. I have another friend who stayed at another hotel I forgot the name but hers was better. The stay was ok, but you are not allowed to talk to other guest and you cant leave the hotel or room for that matter.. You can get deported if you break the quarantine rule.
Regarding the money, I am not allowed to say it but it was really good price. I also received 8% cash back when I was leaving the country, so that was like great.
Sorry and how much did you end up paying at Marina Bay? How was food and room plz? Thank you so much

Sorry and how much did you end up paying at Marina Bay? How was food and room plz? Thank you so much

Don't be sorry. I believe it was $1456US and include food. Hint carry your own cereal with powdered milk and sugar. You will be fed 3 times a day with good portion. Now after the quarantine I stayed at View VIP room. These are very beautiful room and you get breakfast for free at the Cafe on the first floor...
Another thing is View Hospital send a nice van to pick you up from the quarantine facility and drop you off at the airport for free..
For me View Hospital is the "best" You know I was suppose to stay 4 weeks but I could not because of my job. I wasted two weeks being quarantined...

hope this help..If you have any question let me know

Don't be sorry. I believe it was $1456US and include food. Hint carry your own cereal with powdered milk and sugar. You will be fed 3 times a day with good portion. Now after the quarantine I stayed at View VIP room. These are very beautiful room and you get breakfast for free at the Cafe on the first floor...
Another thing is View Hospital send a nice van to pick you up from the quarantine facility and drop you off at the airport for free..
For me View Hospital is the "best" You know I was suppose to stay 4 weeks but I could not because of my job. I wasted two weeks being quarantined...

hope this help..If you have any question let me know
Oh u r amazing!! Thank you so much for answering my questions , I am now confident I am making the right decision by choosing them. Dr. Yun will also be my surgeon. How long did you have to stay after surgery for stitch removal? Were u sick from their anesthesia? And thanks a lot for the tip on cereal. I’ll be doing that.