Reviews on the Gold Coast line?

pandorabox

"She was wearing all Chanel."
O.G.
May 2, 2011
I do not own any KS bags but recently saw the Gold Coast line at Nordies in person and thought wow! They look amazing and really well made. But since I do Motown any I wanted to now how well they do hold up? I see them all over ebay and wondered if they are good quality pieces that last? Any input would be great. I was looking at the Maryanne and the Georgina I think it is called. Them I also saw the Sierra online as well. I do love her clutches. They are very unique and playful and fun. Thanks!

I think the line holds up really well. For example, I have a gold coast gia (cosmetic bag) that I have used daily for the last 7 months and it still looks brand new. I think the worst is *maybe* some very light scratches on the gold plate, but that's it.

I have the gold coast elizabeth in black that I used frequently for a year. The leather would sometimes create wrinkles when I have nothing in it but fades when in use or stuffed. The ones you're interested in seem like they're more structured so you'll probably won't have a problem with that. I also have scratches on the gold plate. Other than that, the bags are durable and even with the scratches on the plate (I see no way in avoiding this), the leather is still very pretty and the shimmer to it still looks exactly as the day I bought it.

I have the elizabeth in black and fuchsia. the gold hardware does get rubbed off where the purse strap/chain connects to the purse but that is to be expected. i have not had the fuchsia one for too long but the color on the leather is peeling off a bit near the zipper area. This is kinda disappointing. my black elizabeth is doing great though, the shimmer leather seems to be higher quality than than the regular non-shimmer fuchsia leather.

I love the Gold Coast line and own seven bags. I've used both my large Maryanne and my Sierra the most and so far there's not been a problem with wear. I'm really good with my bags though, very gentle. One thing I've noticed though is the importance of keeping stuffing in them when stored, otherwise the leather will crinkle if folded wrong - if that makes sense. And I always keep them in their dust bags when not in use.

Ok that all sounds good. I had wondered about the wrinkling as well esp with the larger Maryanne I saw. They do seem to crinkle. I do not mind that so much. I would worry more about peeling and such. They really do look really well made. Myself personally, I have one Coach and 2 MK bags. I keep stalking Kate Spade. Oddly enough they all look amazing online and then when I get there in person, only a few of the KS looks awesome.

I've owned a black Elizabeth for two years (weekend bag) and a red large Maryanne (work bag) for one year. I absolutely love the black Elizabeth. It still looks great, even though I am not careful with my bags. It is lightweight, fits a lot of stuff and looks great with both casual and dressy outfits. I've carried it to the grocery store and weddings. I carry my red Maryanne to work and although I don't love it as much as the Elizabeth, it's a fun bag. Wish I got the Maryanne in black though because the red plastic on the bag is a bit cheap looking and the red leather shows a little bit more wear than the black leather on the Elizabeth (even though the Maryanne is newer). Other than that, I have no complaints and think both are fabulous looking bags.

I own a gold coast metallic Evangeline and absolutely loves it. It's light, soft and roomy (except the chains a little heavy). It is functional with inside zip pocket and multifunction slip pockets. It wears well and didnt really develop wrinkles but I did get a bit of scratch at the side of the gold opening lock and do have to be a little careful as the soft bag texture could be scratched off.. Also has a gold coast kip (gold) wallet on chain but unused still.. However the Kip's texture feels a little tougher compared to evangeline's

Attachments

• image-2853726479.jpg
    image-2853726479.jpg
    534.3 KB · Views: 5,294
I actually have something to say about the Gold Coast Christy in cashew. The purse is gorgeous, and it's been the only bag this season that I really wanted to get. I first purchased it at Nordstrom, and had to return it because it had a black scuff mark on the bottom of the purse. I assumed it was just a previous return, and Nordstrom didn't have any more in stock besides the floor model, so I decided to order it from the Kate Spade website. I was so excited when it arrived in the mail, but my excitement didn't last very long because after inspecting the purse, I noticed some defects. There was a scratch mark on the left side trim and another black mark on the bottom. I was already discouraged at this point and called their customer service. They apologized and offered me 20% off on my next order. So I returned the purse and reordered it a week later. I was apprehensive when it arrived. I inspected it for black marks, and I did find one small one at the back, but it was really small so I figured I could live with it. I was glad that finally I got a decent Christy and was ready to take her out for the weekend. The night before I planned to use her, I inspected the purse just to make sure that I didn't miss anything, and to my disappoint, I noticed a snagged thread on the side. I called all the KS boutiques around me and none carried the cashew color (I guess it's an online/department store exclusive). So now I'm torn and I need TPF's opinion. Should I exchange it for the black? Am I making a big deal out of nothing and the snagged thread isn't something to be worried about? (see pictures) Or should I just walk away from the Christy entirely even though she's an absolutely gorgeous purse?

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    107.6 KB · Views: 6,117
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    92.9 KB · Views: 4,883
  • photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    119.6 KB · Views: 4,924
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    158.8 KB · Views: 5,242
That thread snag would really bother me, and the dots wouldn't bother me as much. But the dots indicate that it will get dirty easier. I am looking at the black bags now. Seems more low maintenance.

I love the cashew color and I am hoping to add the Maryanne to my collection but now your pics have me thinking another color. The snag would get on my nerves. I don't know...third times a charm maybe?

I just bought the Little Campbell in black. It is on the way from Zappos. Very excited. It is my first Kate Spade. This is the most expensive purse I've ever purchased. I can't wait to check it out. Early Mother's Day. Does anyone have this bag?

I received my little Campbell and it has one noticeable scratch where the finish rubbed off, a smaller one, and an area where the edging rubbed off the flap front pocket. The bag is gorgeous, but this is a bummer. I can't find another bag anywhere. Trying to decide if I should return.