Review on DJS & V line at EU

pseudonymous

May 16, 2022
Why I chose EU
EU specializes in the jaw specifically and does not perform everything that is plastic surgery which made me more comfortable. They also focused on the functionality as well as aesthetics of the face which gave me more confidence in the clinic. The staff were also professional and kind answering all questions with patience.

Post op day 1
Was a blur from being in and out of sleep, throwing up from nausea, getting yelled out by the night nurse to sleep up, throat hurting, and being super dehydrated but you are not allowed to drink water for the first 4 hours (if I remember that right) after surgery to the anesthesia. I could not breathe out of my nose.

Post op day 2
One of the day shift nurses had a conversation about how the progress of recovery should go which was nice of her to explain it to me. Had my mouth disinfected but I was still nauseous to hold down water or new care (healthy drink they provide). Chrissy (one of the english speaking consultants) came to check up on me which was nice. I felt better in the afternoon than in the morning.

Post op day 3
I had my mouth disinfected, deswelling laser treatment, and a trip to the pharmacy on the first floor before being discharged. Chrissy actually walked me back to my accommodation since I was not allowed to carry anything with weight. She is super nice and awesome going out of her way to help. I think my face has gotten more swollen. I’m experiencing dizziness and nausea from the effects of the anesthesia so I cannot eat well. I could not keep my compression band on as it became too uncomfortable due to swelling. I walked a little outside. Felt like I had a slight fever before going to bed.

Post op day 4
Very slight improvement on my swelling on my left side. It’s barely noticeable. Still can’t eat or sleep that well so I’m struggling a bit. I am going to deswelling laser treatment everyday.

Post op day 5-6
Swelling went down a tad bit, not much improvement. I’m getting feelings in my cheeks back a little bit. Pretty much the same as day #5. I’m not deswelling as fast as other people so progress is slow. Slept for about 5 hours straight on the night of day #5. Too weak to walk too much. I get dizzy easily from not eating well.

Post op day 7
Actually slept for 8 hours last night in a while. My swelling is still pretty bad going down very little each day. Had an appointment to disinfect my mouth. My stitches in my upper lips stung (not numb). That probably means removing the stitches there will hurt next week for the upper lips but not my lower lips. Yay… another week of liquid dieting. Ordered some home made blueberry and chocolate milk just to get something different today.

Post op day 8-11
My swelling finally seems to go down a lot more during day 8-9. I have been going to deswelling treatment everyday. Still have quite a bit of swelling on my left cheek, under my chin, and neck. My swelling seems to be worse in the morning after I wake up than the evening. My upper lip hurt from stitches when I laugh too hard. My swelling goes down little bit more throughout the day during day 11. I have been drinking new care, pumpkin juice (for swelling), and shakes.

Post op day 12
Still get bad swelling when I wake up in the morning but it goes down by the afternoon/evening. I was able to sleep for 12 hours straight. That felt good.

Hi there! Hoping you're recovering well. I'm also day 3 post-op from EU for DJS, V-Line and Zygoma reduction. Currently I'm swelling like a balloon so hopefully, that'll go away soon
May I ask where you bought the pumpkin juice for deswelling? I can't find it in the convenience store nearby :sad: Thank you!

Hi there! Hoping you're recovering well. I'm also day 3 post-op from EU for DJS, V-Line and Zygoma reduction. Currently I'm swelling like a balloon so hopefully, that'll go away soon
May I ask where you bought the pumpkin juice for deswelling? I can't find it in the convenience store nearby :sad: Thank you!
Hope you have a good and speedy recovery.

It's going so-so. No because my wafer got loose during the 2nd week so the doc wired it for another week so I can't take it off yet. :sad:

How's your recovery going for you?
Like-wise :sad: I'm only 3 day post op so it's still pretty tiring, I'm just hanging in there. Since I'm going through this alone, it's even harder.
Did your swelling got any better?

Like-wise :sad: I'm only 3 day post op so it's still pretty tiring, I'm just hanging in there. Since I'm going through this alone, it's even harder.
Did your swelling got any better?
It will get better especially after the 1 week mark so hang in there.
It got better to the point where people can't notice buuuuuuuuut I can still feel it and see that I still have a lot of swelling left and it's been slow going down.

It will get better especially after the 1 week mark so hang in there.
It got better to the point where people can't notice buuuuuuuuut I can still feel it and see that I still have a lot of swelling left and it's been slow going down.
Good to know it's better after week 1! I can't wait to see how my face turns out after all these swelling.
When did they remove your face tape? I want to wash my face so bad but I don't want to wet the tape T_T

Hey! How has your healing been and do you like your result? Thanks