review of A/W 07 colors (long)

^lol.. it's funny you ended up selling it

i think it would be soo much fun to decide between leathers when choosing a bbag. i havent had that experience yet - but i hope i will one day~!

Cheshire Cat, If you already have cornflower and blue glacier, I wouldn't get ocean if I were you. That's a lot of blues that aren't that far apart. Maybe mine's a darker cornflower, but there was barely a tonal difference between my cornflower and the ocean. The ocean was just a tiny bit darker than my bag. It's a great color, but not one I would buy for that reason.

Powderpuff and Karenab, I don't know why BalNY intimidates me so much. I guess it's because the SAs act so indifferent and distant when you walk in there. Maybe by the time I've bought a few more bags I won't feel so intimidated, but I'm just a bbag newbie at this point.

coda, thanks so much for your review. As a member of this forum who's purchased from BalNY but never been there in person I always like hearing about impressions, experiences, etc.

Aww, don't be intimidated. My very first time there, I was a nervous wreck because the store was empty (as it usually is) and it was on a weekday afternoon. But luckily, Terry was very nice to me and even showed me a couple of the new GH bags that were just starting to arrive.

When I'm there I always make it a point that I'm on the hunt for a new bag and just need to take my time then when I'm ready, I will let them know...plus don't be too intimidated to ask for more bags to choose from.

There was a client there one time who has never shopped/owned a Balenciaga. She was not familiar with current and previous colors and she had the SA bring out all the Part time and City styles. Both of his arms were full of bags.

It was quite entertaining.

I can't wait to see your Steel.

Coda, congrats! I was there Saturday too and I saw those bags on the wall too, they looked identical to me too!!! I can't believe one was anthracite, they looked totally the same color, I even looked at them in the light behind the pole. I loved the color though, you're so lucky. CONGRATS!!

Don't get intimidated by BalNY! It's my favorite store(staff, location(next to Commes:heart:), architecture, the building) and staff really are nice(at least they're all super nice back until fall 04, but Leslie and Terry are the only ones I know left there!). I actually prefer stores that are empty, because then I can relax and take my time to shop.

Besides, because they're never busy, SAs are happy to help you, and they can spend a while with you:yes: All the SAs there(at least Leslie and Terry)are down to earth and super nice/helpful. Just enjoy the atmosphere!!

Well, that wasn't too long at all. I thoroughly enjoyed the read. Thanks for the info on Ocean. I have been pining for one, but the only thing holding me back is that I already have a Blueberry and I thought that Ocean IRL would be too close to Blueberry. Thanks so much for your feedback!

Well, Incoroalblue and Tooshies, by the time I buy my third bbag, maybe BalNY won't intimidate me so much anymore! Since I plan on only buying one bag per season, it will be a while before I buy my next bag.

Spylove, what time were you there on Saturday? I was there around 12:30-1 pm. Next time we'll have to meet up!

KDC, I don't consider ocean and blueberry to be that similar at all. I've seen both in person, and blueberry was much darker than ocean. Ocean is remarkably similar to cornflower, so if you liked cornflower, you'll probably like ocean. I know everyone was saying ocean is supposed to be darker than it really is, but I had my cornflower bag with me, and they are very similarly colored.

I'm glad everyone enjoyed my review. I tried not to make it too long!

Coda, I was there at around 11:15. Did you see the magenta on display? I loved it, it was so "loud", lol.
I asked the SA to bring out a cinnamon and sienna city for me. I noticed as well that the cinnamon had no red in it unlike the pics I've seen here. I've ordered one from Saks so I'll post pics of it when I get it!