REVIEW: Incisional Double Eyelid, Ptosis Correction, Epicanthoplasty @ Marble

2 month update!
After sticking to a regimen of eye drops and hypochlorous acid, the itchiness and symptoms of blepharitis are gone. Yay!
However, the swelling on my right eye is still noticeably worse than my left eye and I suspect it’s causing asymmetry. My left eye is the in-out line I wanted, but my right eye is an out (parallel) line. I think it’s just due to the swelling though, so it has a chance to resolve itself in the next 8-9 months. Just my body being dumb :sad:(

Marble has been very accommodating during this time, they always reply to my questions within a business day or two. However because they can’t physically inspect you, the available advice is limited, and I think that’ll be true regardless of the clinic.

Attachments

• E7E86F4E-8C8A-4585-BC99-B6138C26C390.jpeg
    E7E86F4E-8C8A-4585-BC99-B6138C26C390.jpeg
    116.2 KB · Views: 497
I loved the way your eyelids turned out ; ; I recently got eyelid surgery done a few months ago and been waiting to post a review on it. But my recovery been so slow (one eye swelling a lot more) so I decided to postpone it till it looked better.

2 month update!
After sticking to a regimen of eye drops and hypochlorous acid, the itchiness and symptoms of blepharitis are gone. Yay!
However, the swelling on my right eye is still noticeably worse than my left eye and I suspect it’s causing asymmetry. My left eye is the in-out line I wanted, but my right eye is an out (parallel) line. I think it’s just due to the swelling though, so it has a chance to resolve itself in the next 8-9 months. Just my body being dumb :sad:(

Marble has been very accommodating during this time, they always reply to my questions within a business day or two. However because they can’t physically inspect you, the available advice is limited, and I think that’ll be true regardless of the clinic.
I can’t tell what have you done. So natural and nice! :smile: My friends eyes got the visible eyelid scars and some bubble growing along the scars.

I loved the way your eyelids turned out ; ; I recently got eyelid surgery done a few months ago and been waiting to post a review on it. But my recovery been so slow (one eye swelling a lot more) so I decided to postpone it till it looked better.
Thank you! My left eye is like, exactly what I wanted so I’m happy with that!! And yeah I feel you — I have asymmetrical healing progress too and it is annoying/worrying, especially since the epicanthoplasty scar takes longer to fully resolve.
For me, I wanted to document the healing process as extensively as I could to let people know what to expect. I think if I found more accounts/reviews where people experienced what I have been experiencing, then I would be a lot less anxious.

I can’t tell what have you done. So natural and nice! :smile: My friends eyes got the visible eyelid scars and some bubble growing along the scars.
Thank you! If you checked some of my earlier posts/images I have a “bubble” growing along one of the scars too. It’s still there, I’ve been told to give it more time by multiple doctors. And of course the scar is still visible, it’s just you won’t see it unless I close my eyes lol. I’ll post a pic of that soon. And one last thing — iPhone camera sucks. You really just cannot capture details like skin textures, slight discoloration, etc with a phone camera. So keep that in mind when looking at online reviews.

Thank you! My left eye is like, exactly what I wanted so I’m happy with that!! And yeah I feel you — I have asymmetrical healing progress too and it is annoying/worrying, especially since the epicanthoplasty scar takes longer to fully resolve.
For me, I wanted to document the healing process as extensively as I could to let people know what to expect. I think if I found more accounts/reviews where people experienced what I have been experiencing, then I would be a lot less anxious.

That's great to hear ^ ^! Another minor issue that I been having with my eyelids was that the eyelid line actually got disconnected but my doctor reassured me that it will be back to normal after a few months? I am really hoping he is right because it lowkey bothers me. I'll be posting a review soon on mine so you can look out for my experience as well if it would interest/help you!

Thank you! If you checked some of my earlier posts/images I have a “bubble” growing along one of the scars too. It’s still there, I’ve been told to give it more time by multiple doctors. And of course the scar is still visible, it’s just you won’t see it unless I close my eyes lol. I’ll post a pic of that soon. And one last thing — iPhone camera sucks. You really just cannot capture details like skin textures, slight discoloration, etc with a phone camera. So keep that in mind when looking at online reviews.

Been following your posts and glad to see that the issues are settling. Your latest photo looks great and natural! Your extensive review is def very helpful. I had my double eyelids done in Singapore just over a month ago and posted my review too (def less detailed lol ), hope to also help those searching for information.

That's great to hear ^ ^! Another minor issue that I been having with my eyelids was that the eyelid line actually got disconnected but my doctor reassured me that it will be back to normal after a few months? I am really hoping he is right because it lowkey bothers me. I'll be posting a review soon on mine so you can look out for my experience as well if it would interest/help you!
Hey it’s nice to hear that from you because I have the EXACT same issue. You know how most people’s armpits arent just one line, but have multiple creases where the arm meets the torso? My right eye has that in the inner corner. It doesn’t just have the line the doctor designed, it has an additional “fork” and it looks parallel rather than tapered as a result. and yeah my doctor also told me it will resolve in a few months.

Hey! Your eyes look amaaazing, how are they recovering? I'm currently looking to book in with Dr Lee Jun Hee at Marble for my DES. I wanted to ask what line height did you go for? I'm worried low line would eventually droop overtime but middle line might be too high?

Since this forum has helped me a lot in researching and choosing a clinic to do my surgery at, I figured it was my duty to give back and provide the internet with my account / experience of double eyelid surgery.

This post is made 1 day post-op, so I will update later as things heal.

I chose Marble out of a pool of ~5 clinics because of good and abundant reviews on Gangnam Unnie and Babitalk. Also because they gave me quite a good price. More important than the clinic is probably the operating doctor; make sure you search their name specifically in those apps to see the results of procedures performed by them. Of course, not all B&As on those apps are real, but I figured that if there are so many, some of them are bound to be real reviews.

Based on the results I wanted and type of procedure needed, I chose Dr Lee Jun Hee from Marble to perform the procedure. During the consultation process, I felt that this doctor was happy to give me his time and explain things to me. In other consultations I felt rushed to be finished with the doctor and go back to the room with the consultant only. So I guess that's one key thing to look for when you're clinic shopping.

I asked for a natural looking in-out line, bringing a photo of an idol as a reference. The measurements were then made: two dots were drawn on each eyelid, mapping out the crease line. There's also two lines drawn parallel in the inner corners to mark how much of the mongolian fold to cut for epicanthoplasty. One interesting thing was that the dots drawn for the crease were not even -- and when I asked why, the doctor explained that due to innate differences in the amount of skin/fat per eye, the crease when eyes are closed has to be a little different in order for both eyes to look the same when opened. I hope that turns out to be true lol.

The operation was easy and painless. The worst part was probably them sticking the IV into your arm, that's just uncomfortable. You do kinda feel them poking around but there's actually 0 pain, probably due to the combo of sedation and local anesthetic. Luckily I had no side effects from the anesthetic, but I have heard that it can cause some people to vomit after so I'd be careful.

Immediately post op, I would say my eyes looked pretty good! Now I know it's probably like a "preview" of what my eyes will look like maybe a week from now, because after the operation, the swelling actually worsens for a few days before it gets better. Right now they're extremely swollen and uncomfortable, but it's not painful. I'm trying my best to follow all post-op care recommendations, because I heard poor post-op discipline can turn a good surgery into bad results.

I'm sure I forgot a lot of other info that would be helpful but this post is getting long so I'll end it here for now. Please drop your questions if you have any, I'd love to answer and help make researching korean plastic surgery on the internet a little bit easier.
hi can i contact you pls?
line id: angellee
also want to do DES, but re surgery

Hey! Your eyes look amaaazing, how are they recovering? I'm currently looking to book in with Dr Lee Jun Hee at Marble for my DES. I wanted to ask what line height did you go for? I'm worried low line would eventually droop overtime but middle line might be too high?
Hey, sorry for the late reply! Dr Lee told me that although my line height ended up being around 6-7mm, it could vary based on the individual person's amount of skin/fat, elasticity, etc. Like, cutting height of 7mm on a person with less skin will look like a higher line than 7mm on a person with more skin.

I attached a ~5 month post-op picture. Good news: the "fork" on my right eye has finally gone away and it's now (more) symmetrical! To be honest, the right eye is still a bit sensitive and I still can't use any makeup. But I'm really happy with the results! I'm hoping the line (especially on the left) won't deflate anymore, but it's not a big concern.
1639090550375.png