Review about Mole removal at RenewMe Skin Clinic

Dubu

Feb 1, 2015
This is a review about mole removal at "RenewMe Skin Clinic", for those who are interested in doing a similar procedure or other skin-related procedures and want to go to a skin clinic.

DO NOT GO TO RENEWME SKIN CLINIC!

Costs
I swear to God! I went there to remove a mole (by laser) on the left side of my nose. Normally, you would pay around 10,000-20,000KRW if we're talking about a regular mole (depending on the size of the mole). I ended up paying 65,000KRW, that's literally 6 times more than the price a Korean person would've paid. And my mole wasn't big, it was really 'regular'.

Just because I'm a foreigner, they bring in 'additional costs' for translating. And there wasn't even anyone there for the translating, it happened through a phone! And even when my Korean friend called them and offered he would come with me, so the translating through the phone with one of their staffs wasn't necessary, they said they would still bring in 'foreigner costs'. What the actual hell...

Service
Other than that, the staff working there were all so unfriendly. I came there with my friend (also non-Korean), and they looked at us as if we were some cockroaches that needed to be removed ASAP. Also, when it was my turn to go to the doctor's "office" for consult, my friend came with me, but he forgot his jacket at the chair in the waiting area. The staff literally shouted: "Hey! You! Clean up!" And made handgestures as if he was some kind of homeless beggar that they needed to get rid off... Really, how to make a client comfortable???

The actual treatment
The laser isn't painful, but the 'doctor' was kinda rough. After a few lasers, he needs to remove skin or blood or whatever from that spot, so he wiped that spot with a tissue. But he wiped so darn hard that it felt like he was going to wipe my nose off my face! Hello? It's someone's face, a bit careful, okay?

Then after repeating this (lasering and then removing skin tissue/blood), he said he was done. He said I had to come back after a few weeks, for a follow-up treatment, because this time he couldn't remove all of the mole. I thought: hell no! I'm crazy I accepted this absurd amount of 65,000KRW for a MOLE removal in the first place, and then I have to come back for a 2nd and 3rd time, and pay the same amount again? I don't think so! I would wait to see the result and then decide if I really needed a follow-up laser appointment - and then I would do it somewhere else... (I ended up not doing it).

So ladies and gents, once again, DO NOT GO TO RENEWME SKIN CLINIC! They have several branches btw: Hongje, Dongdaemun, Hwagok, Seocho, Jamsil, Bundang, Busan. I went to the Dongdaemun branche. Maybe the service is better at other branches, but I doubt there would be a difference in treating foreigners (incl. costs). So be warned!