Reversing the condition of leather

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I carry a calf leather bag as a school bag and I think I've loaded too many library books into it. When I don't put too much stuff into it, it looks a bit saggy and deflated. I think I've stretched it a little bit too much. :sad: Does anyone have any advice about whether this is reversible at all? Any treatment you could do? If I brought it back to the original store, would they be able to do anything? If nothing can be done, how do people try to make the best of what they have? It's not disastrous, but it's noticeable. Thanks so much in advance.

2. You could try sending it to Lovin My Bags (www.lovingmybags.com). Not sure if they can unstretch it but if anything can be done to it, they're the ones to do it. Good luck!

3. ^^I was going to say that as well.

4. You can check with a good shoe repair shop that does a lot of leather work. Perhaps they can reinforce seams and add a stiff lining to give it more shape. It would be worth your time and effort to check it out and also see some work they have done before handing your bag over to them.

5. Thank you for the advice!