Revenge on ABC

I love this show, can't get enough of it! Sometimes it's a little soap opera-y, but I think it all plays in together very well. I missed last night's episode, but I'll catch it on demand soon enough (hopefully tonight!)

I think in later episodes/seasons...it won't be just about Emily getting revenge on people...other people will be getting revenge on other people too..it's going to be interesting.

I think in the latter half of the series, it'll focus on Emily having to pay the price for seeking revenge on all these people, because I remember there was a line by Confucius that served as the opening to the series ("When seeking revenge, make sure to dig two graves.")

My guess is, she's going to start seeing what a great guy Daniel is (I thinks he already has in that scene in the pool house when he gazed at her intently and told her he would always be truthful to her), but she'll be too far into the revenge to turn back, and it'll have disastrous consequences (as seen in the opening episode when Daniel is seen being shot in the back).

I think in the latter half of the series, it'll focus on Emily having to pay the price for seeking revenge on all these people, because I remember there was a line by Confucius that served as the opening to the series ("When seeking revenge, make sure to dig two graves.")

My guess is, she's going to start seeing what a great guy Daniel is (I thinks he already has in that scene in the pool house when he gazed at her intently and told her he would always be truthful to her), but she'll be too far into the revenge to turn back, and it'll have disastrous consequences (as seen in the opening episode when Daniel is seen being shot in the back).

Good point! I forgot about that line...

I really like this show and that is the only part I don't get. I understand she has shut down emotionally due to what happenned and trusts no one. But seriously she would not be able to do half of what she has done without his help. He seems like he is getting a bit annoyed by her lack of gratitude or sense of entitlement where he is concerned.

Does Nolan remind anyone else of a young James Spader?

Saw the first 3 episodes on on demand yesterday and I LOVE it. Why is she so mean to Nolan? I mean, he is helping her. Although he may have an agenda I think.

I was thinking that too...reminds me of the show Prison Break, it was like after they break out of prison then what? Season 1 was devoted to the actual break and was riveting, Season 2 when they were on the run, also good. But when they got to season 3 and beyond, it just got stupid.

What I was thinking could be done with this, is each season or two do different characters and different revenge scenarios. The downside is we have become emotionally invested in these characters in the Hamptons....but that would be one way to keep it fresh.

Love this show! I am curious about what they will do, once Emily/Amanda has gotten revenge on everyone. What's next?

I was thinking that too...reminds me of the show Prison Break, it was like after they break out of prison then what? Season 1 was devoted to the actual break and was riveting, Season 2 when they were on the run, also good. But when they got to season 3 and beyond, it just got stupid.

What I was thinking could be done with this, is each season or two do different characters and different revenge scenarios. The downside is we have become emotionally invested in these characters in the Hamptons....but that would be one way to keep it fresh.

Honestly, I hope it just wraps up nicely in one season. From what I've heard, Revenge hasn't been a smash hit, so my guess is it won't extend beyond the one season.

Honestly, I hope it just wraps up nicely in one season. From what I've heard, Revenge hasn't been a smash hit, so my guess is it won't extend beyond the one season.

From what I have read, Revenge is doing pretty well. Really hope it is more than a one season show

Building on its lead in among viewers (+12%) during the 10pm hour against veteran dramas on both CBS (CSI) and NBC (L&O: SVU), ABC’s freshman drama Revenge defeated NBC’s veteran drama L&O: SVU by 19% in Adults 18-49. Revenge registered as the #1 drama in the hour for its 3rd telecast in a row with Adults 18-34 and Women 18-34.

Revenge continued to generate enormous time-period improvement for ABC, leaping over the year-ago night in viewers (+75%) and young adults (+92%).

Revenge is based on the book The Count of Monte Crisco. I have not read the book but my husband has and he says while not the same storyline, the general principles are the same.

Count of Monte Cristo, right? Crisco is what my mom used to make pie crusts with. Revenge is a familiar theme in literature. It's always fascinating to me.

I find this show riveting and wait on pins and needles for the payback Emily designs for each person that had a hand in her dad's demise.