Revealing a preloved item I had repaired!!

HWall

Jan 26, 2014
Hey y'all! I wanted a large travel accessory and knew of the Trousse Toilette line, so when I found this pre loved jewel on eBay, FOR SO CHEAP I knew I had to snatch it up. For reference, I've seen TT28's going for any where from $100-$225 online, so when I won the listing for $77, I was thrilled.

Although on the whole, it was in great condition, I took it to the boutique to get quotes on various repairs to breathe some life into her.

Zipper pull and slider: free
Full zipper: $175
Re-line inside of bag: $225 (I think, might have been $215)
Re-line AND full zipper replaced: $285 - kind of a combo price

I chose just to get the pull and slider replaced, since it's going to be heavily used, no point in re-lining now. I'll likely spill something in it lol. And the zipper ran smoothly already, just wanted it to shine a bit more.

Here she is!!

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1405044037.137060.jpg

And before/after on the zipper pull. Looks like they also replaced the end stopper part of the zipper (not sure the name).

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1405044075.140467.jpg

So what do you think?! Worth it??

And thanks for giving me ideas on how to spend my time waiting!! That thread was very helpful :smile:

I have one that was made in '84 with the eclair zipper. Cleaned her up with some brasso and baby wipes. Doesn't look brand-spanking new, but she's beautiful. But after seeing your photos, I might get her a new zipper too.

I have one that was made in '84 with the eclair zipper. Cleaned her up with some brasso and baby wipes. Doesn't look brand-spanking new, but she's beautiful. But after seeing your photos, I might get her a new zipper too.

I'm sure she's lovely! If the repair wasn't free, I would've likely gone the brasso route too. (I'm saving my pennies for a new wallet! Sarah in DE)

How do you use yours? I'm also experimenting as a purse organizer!

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1405045795.740632.jpg

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1405045817.279427.jpg
^ Sarah wallet in mono, key cles in mono attached to my car keys, and a DE mini pouchette with some essentials. Still room in there too!