Reveal... Would you return due to this?

Kate1989

Jul 15, 2015
Hi everyone! I was so excited today to receive my new purchase. In the end I decided on the Montaigne, it's a beautiful bag but I am wondering if this is normal/acceptable? The grain of the leather on the back of the bag seems even and 'neater', the grain on the front of the bag looks a bit uneven and creased, and the embossing is a bit lighter on this side. It came with the handle already attached and the date code says 48th week of 2016, so I am wondering if this is an ex display, although I don't think some minor handling should cause the leather to be like this.

The difference shows up better on camera when I press lightly on the bag. The first two pics are the back of the bag, the second two pics are the front.

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_20170208_142151.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_20170208_142151.jpg
    244.6 KB · Views: 717
  • thumbnail_IMG_20170208_143214.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_20170208_143214.jpg
    209.1 KB · Views: 746
  • thumbnail_IMG_20170208_142140.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_20170208_142140.jpg
    212 KB · Views: 756
  • thumbnail_IMG_20170208_143149.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_20170208_143149.jpg
    231.1 KB · Views: 789
As I'm a but peculiar when it comes to my bags especially my Louis' I would return it. I need to be completely happy with all of my high dollar purchases... I work too hard to just settle.... just my opinion....

If it really bugs you, take it back. Or at the very least go back to the store and maybe just ask to see another one/if it does the same thing? It looks fine to me, but it's too expensive of a purchase for you to not be absolutely 100% happy with it.

Thanks for your replies. Maybe I'm a being a bit particular but I think I'm going to return it, I just know it'll bug me that every time I close it with the clip wrinkles run down the front. The back of the bag is perfect, there the 'pebbly-ness' is neat and even so I think I want one that's even like that all over. I ordered it online (no stores near me), but hopefully the replacement will be more even like my other emp bags.

I don't think the bag is flawed, yet could very well have been a display or return. Being a display or a return (unused) product is not considered defective or flawed by LV standards.

If it bothers you, I suggest at least talking to cs and asking about it (so you don't question yourself whether or not you should have asked about it, in the future).

Best of luck!

Last edited:
I don't think the bag is flawed, yet could very well have been a display or return. Being a display or a return (unused) product is not considered defective or flawed by LV standards.

If it bothers you, I suggest taking it in and ask about it (so you won't question yourself whether or not you should have asked about it, in the future).

I don't know you and I don't mean to insinuate you would do this, but I'm just going to write- please, if you have used it and worn it, excluding trying your stuff in it and checking yourself out in the mirror at home, do not return it/exchange it as new.

Best of luck!

It arrived 3.5 hours ago, I haven't used it. I can't ask about it in store, there are none near me, I ordered online. I will either return and ask for a replacement, or maybe just return and wait a few months until I'm next in London and can go in store and choose one.