Reveal with Mr. Owl & Muffler bunny...and letting the black swan go at last...

snowbuns

Crossfit Bunny
Jun 5, 2016
I have a happy story for you, :happydance:
and then I have a sad story too. :crybaby:

In real life I start with the bad news because then, the good news is still there to cheer one up.
But not all that is sad is bad, and on tpf pictures always come first anyhow! :yahoo:

I scored my holy grail colour in Seoul yesterday.
:love::love::love:

Here we are, reveal!
20170227_100107_zps4zrb3ihg.jpg

Meet Mr. Owl & Mr. Muffler Bun, a distant relative of mine

20170227_100146_zpsuugpqn8a.jpg

You can see a glimpse of the colour here! Just a bitsy bit!
I am very sore from crossfit session so Mr. Owl helped me open the dustbag :lol::lol::lol:
20170227_100211_zps02ep7h6d.jpg

Two handles!
That can only mean one thing!
:loveeyes::loveeyes::loveeyes:

20170227_100703_zpsmmztqfgm.jpg

This is the perfect colour for me,
and without doubt my favourite H colour.

I have always loved it, but was wary of purchasing a bag in it because the word 'rose'...'pink' scared me. I had seen some cringeworthy pink styling on the streets so the idea of pink in my wardrobe was daunting.

But not only is RJ not really that pink, I really grew to love pink - and any interpretation of it - after I got a Jige in rose confetti.

This colour gives me retinal orgasm.
:eek:

Grande finale - a picture of my Hermes pink family:

20170227_102816_zpsiijdspvi.jpg

I will post this in the Hermes reference library too, I personally find such shots extremely helpful, its so much easier to pick up the nuances of the colour in a comparison shot as opposed to a single shot.

All are epsom leather.
The sellier Kelly, left, is Rose Flamingo with GHW, size 28.
On the right, the Rose Jaipur Birkin 30, also GHW.
And in the middle is Jige clutch in Rose Confetti.

Now for the sadder story...

Yesterday, I said goodbye to my black swan - my So Black Kelly.
Here is a pic from back when I first found her.
20160818_133027_zpsw4hjccea.jpg

It is unfortunate, but it certainly happens: when we are head over heels for something, it haunts us in our sleep and we go to great lengths - and losses, even - to obtain it...
And then, it doesn't work, and the disillusionment sets in.
I am the type of person for whom usability is important. If I have something extremely expensive just sitting in my closet gathering dust, I not only feel sad, I feel angry and annoyed each time I see it.

The 32 retourne Kelly, for me, is a small bag, but that is not the problem. It is a small bag without a strap - that is the issue. The Birkin is a tote and looks a lot better hand-carried, and so does the Kelly 35...

I considered buying a fendi strap, and I still think I will acquire it for my vintage black kelly sellier...
But the idea did not excite me. I could never think of a reason to take out the so black rather than my vintage black kelly.

For a number of reasons, I just kept finding excuses to not take out the so black. It wasn't so much about the delicacy of box leather - I use my sellier vintage a LOT - it was more about the hardware, and about the exclusivity of the bag:

I had resale value on the brain.

If I got a strap and it scratched the hardware, causing the silver base to show, it would loose some of its so-black appeal. And it would certainly lower the price at which I could sell it. Also, when I took pictures with it it just looked like another black bag. I love the look of the contrasting hardware, I realised. Its absence took away some of the charm.

This was the weirdest feeling for me - I never feel extremely precious about clothes and bags and things that are meant to be used. If I wanted something to enjoy looking at, I'd buy a painting from an artist I love. So due to this and in part because of the bag's impracticality, this became a 'special occasion' sort of bag, and I hadn't meant it to be that way. I have, like, two occasions a year maybe! I am severely socially anxious, I am a lark and do not tolerate being up late...all this basically sums up to movie nights, romantic dinners in, nerdy book sessions and web surfing. Which both me and dh love, I'm not complaining at all, but you see why having a 'special occasion bag' works zilch for me.

But I just couldn't bear to let it go for the longest time. I thought, so many people have regular H bags, and I have this rare treasure, how can I sell it?
But like I said, when I want a rare, super expensive item to admire sitting on a shelf, I will get a painting. And make money renting it to art galleries - much more useful :graucho:

So I am happy to say goodbye to it and have a bag in a colour that makes me happy everytime I look, not annoyed and searching for an excuse to use it.
I got into the whole minimalist thing some time ago, and the neutrals-only wardrobe idea, and it just made me depressed. I need some colour! :lol:

Anyone here had a similar situation?
You wanted a bag sooo bad, or you managed to get your hands on a super-exclusive piece you thought you'd treasure forever,
only to become disappointed and eager to say goodbye?
Please do share! :drinks:

Grande finale - a picture of my Hermes pink family:

20170227_102816_zpsiijdspvi.jpg

I will post this in the Hermes reference library too, I personally find such shots extremely helpful, its so much easier to pick up the nuances of the colour in a comparison shot as opposed to a single shot.

All are epsom leather.
The sellier Kelly, left, is Rose Flamingo with GHW, size 28.
On the right, the Rose Jaipur Birkin 30, also GHW.
And in the middle is Jige clutch in Rose Confetti.

:heart: Your pink collection... pink is so beautiful with GHW!

Reactions: snowbuns
Congrats, I admire your collection so much! I love pinks and I agree completely. I, too, get annoyed by having items in my closet that just sit there and gather dust. I had to let go of several bags recently as well. As for the neutral wardrobe- I also believe I can't. I'm wearing a yellow floral dress today!! I can't do ONLY neutrals!

I tried to find rose jaipur and rose lipstick several years ago...but no luck at all. So I am drooling over your rose jaipur and rose flamingo :heart: enjoy them hun.

Reactions: snowbuns