Reveal & scarf family photo

Next up:

photo7.png

MECHANIQUE DE TEMPS
Black/Green/Silver​

I love anything to do with clocks/watches/engineering, so this pattern is a great fit for me and the colours just go with everything.

Modelling pics:

IMG_0749.jpg

IMG_0753.jpg

Congrats anez, we're twins on this one and I agree, it goes w/ so many outfits, black, brown, gray. Enjoy all your scarves. Love the group photo!

Aliena -- not much more to show, I'm afraid! Hope you enjoyed it so far, though.

littleblackbag -- thank you!

That's pretty much all, folks... Except for the family shot.

scarves-bag.png

It was DM's suggestion to do this, but I can't stop looking at it! I think I might spend a little time tomorrow straightening them out and making them more even, and then photographing them in natural light (which had died by the time it took to lay them out; you only get a couple of hours of daylight in this country at this time of year) so I can make a new desktop wallpaper. :shame:

Thanks for sharing in my little reveal, folks! If I do get a better version of this shot tomorrow, I'll post it in HQ so people can save it if they want.

Last question: can anyone name all the scarves? :P
Hi anez,
Love your color wheel. It is fabulous! May I ask how long it took u to accumulate the scarves? I started collecting H scarves last fall & am now quite worried! Last fall I got >10 scarves in one season. Then this season my intended loot has fallen >50% & comprises around 7. Maybe this fall the number would be 3. At this rate I wonder if I'd ever have a decent collection! Is it normal for one to become progressively choosier as time goes on, assuming finances is not a factor?

Love your "wheel of scarves"! And the new additions - we are cousins on the Chromatique - I have the pink/purple/green version. I love the cw you have and was really torn. I'm going to blow up the wheel shot and try to do a little Name that Scarf game myself!!

I think that only someone with an engineering/precision "bent" could lay out that scarf color wheel so nicely and have it balanced, color-wise. In the time I've been on tPF, I've never seen a color wheel of scarves before.

Your green scarves really intrigued me. Any unfolded shots of them would be wonderful.

Aliena -- not much more to show, I'm afraid! Hope you enjoyed it so far, though.

littleblackbag -- thank you!

That's pretty much all, folks... Except for the family shot.

scarves-bag.png

It was DM's suggestion to do this, but I can't stop looking at it! I think I might spend a little time tomorrow straightening them out and making them more even, and then photographing them in natural light (which had died by the time it took to lay them out; you only get a couple of hours of daylight in this country at this time of year) so I can make a new desktop wallpaper. :shame:

Thanks for sharing in my little reveal, folks! If I do get a better version of this shot tomorrow, I'll post it in HQ so people can save it if they want.

Last question: can anyone name all the scarves? :P

ANEZ MANY CONGRATS ON ALL YOUR BEAUTIFUL SCARVES AND GREAT FAMILY PIC TOO!! I was trying to name all scarves ,i recognize most of them as H scarves are my passion but not all of them, some ladies can help??
Enjoy your stunning collection ANEZ!!

Oh yes! The family shot is fabulous!

Thank you! :smile: I'll have a better version coming later today once it gets bright enough to take photos. Stupid overcast sky...

Anez! Nice to 'see' you again, hope all is well :smooch:.
Great new scarves and an amazing scarf family. I still adore your Zabavushka scarf, if you ever get tired of it, you know where to find me :P.
Thank you so much for sharing and enjoy your beautiful collection!

PS. I wouldn't mind to see a family pic of your cashmere shawl collection as well, I know it's going to be fabulous :biggrin:!

Hi darling, and good to see you, too! :biggrin: I'm afraid that Zabavushka will die with me, but I will keep my fingers crossed that you can find one on Ebay or similar. I have a lot fewer cashmeres than I do silks, but I'll give it some thought once I get done with this lot! x

Anez, we're scarf twins on the Galop Chromatique--I love that colorway especially the contrasting hem. Love your other new scarves as well and your scarf color wheel is absolutely fantastic. Thank you for taking the time to put that together!

Ooh, thank you, and thank you for commenting! The Gallop is one of my new favourites, to be honest-- I've had it for a few weeks now sitting in its bag in its box waiting to be opened on a day where I felt I wanted a little H-boost. :shame: I had actually forgotten which one I had bought, so opening it up again was the best surprise!

What a beautiful collection you have! Love this picture..

Thank you! Check back later for a more spaced out HQ version, if you like. :smile:

What a beautiful scarf collection! Wear them often!

Thank you! And believe me, I do-- apart for when I'm going jogging etc., I can't remember the last time I went out without a shawl or a scarf, although I will confess that some see more use than others...

Oh, my! That's a lot of scarves! Your colletion is amazing!

If you don't mind, could you take more shots of your colletion, maybe group them together, so that I can drool over?

Thank you, I'm glad you like them! I'll see what I can do on that front, although deciding how to group them is never easy. When I'm storing them, I keep them by colour, although I ended up just having to have one area dedicated to "multicolour explosions", haha.

Funny story: when I was laying them out yesterday, DM asked me to pick my favourites out, which I did. She studied them for a while, and then said, "You seem to really like the busy multicoloured ones," which I then realised was true.

When I started out buying scarves, I tended to veer towards plainer ones, although when I got braver, I ventured out into the more crazy patterns and discovered that those actually tended to look better...

I guess that means my advice would be that if you're just starting out with collecting, don't be afraid to try something that looks "too much" when open, because it can often be "just right" when folded!

Love your scarves!!!

Thank you! :smile:

Wow, you have a beautiful collection! We should play the name the scarf game here! :graucho: Thanks for sharing!

Thank you, and thank you for commenting! :smile: Will be posting up a cleaned up and HQ version of that shot after I take one later, so check back if you want to play the name game! :biggrin:

Hi Anez, lovely to 'see' you again, feeling all nostalgic! In fact spotting that scarf with the red berries, took me right back to that reveal!

Delighted to be twins with you on the galop and sighing at passing on that mechanique.

Love the display of your scarves - a great shot. Xxx

Hi again, nice to see you, too! I actually went thought all my old sale threads last night when I was looking for the name of one of my scarves. It made me so nostalgic, which is partly why I decided to do this reveal. I miss coming here more regularly-- I took a little break to pursue other interests and it's just too tempting to be around here when I'm supposed to be on a ban! I seem to have crept back in, though... Enjoy your Galop; it is a beautiful scarf, and you never know-- the Mechanique might come back another time! x

Awesome reveal and your collection is marvelous!! I would absolutely love love love if you could do group photos or your story behind every scarf with pics. :biggrin:

Thank you! Group photos and a better HQ shot of the scarf wheel should be coming later once I can get taking the photos, so check back if you'd like. As for stories... I would probably be here all week if I tried to do that (I have a lot of scarves, and being succinct isn't my forte), but if you search back through my old threads (especially the sale threads), you'll be able to read the tales of how most of them found their way to me. :smile:

Hi Anez!! So great to see your posts! I always enjoy your reveals. Your family photo is marvelous and glorious!! LOVE this shot. It truly belongs in a fashion magazine!! You have beautiful taste in silks and are quite the enabler. Thank you for posting!

Aw, thank you so much! :smile: The idea (DM's; all credit to her) was pretty great, but the execution was not so good because I was tired and the light was gone, but I'll be posting a better shot later if you're interested. (You know, for enabling purposes. :P)

LOVE LOVE the way you did this photo shot. So artistic. Maybe H should use it in Le Monde. I'm cousins with you on the Gallop scarf. I got the pink/purple CW. It has an abstract modern feel of the horses. Your black B just reminded me that I should have one in my collection. It is classic and goes with everything.

Congrats on your new collection.

Thank you so much! I will be posting a better version later; maybe I should throw it up on Tumblr to see if anyone likes it afterwards. The pink/purple CW is also gorgeous, but I decided to go for the neutral because I already have a lot of colours! A black B is I think one of the best bags to have in your collection because as you said, it really goes with everything. Good luck with hunting one down, and enjoy your gorgeous cousin scarf!

Wowee! Beautiful collection! Thanks for sharing.

Thank you for commenting, and I'm glad you like it! :smile:

Lovely collection, wonderful display photo!!

Thank you! I'll be posting a better version later, so you can check back for that if you're interested. :smile:

Congrats anez, we're twins on this one and I agree, it goes w/ so many outfits, black, brown, gray. Enjoy all your scarves. Love the group photo!

Thank you! I'm very taken with it and I think my "neutrals" collection is pretty well stocked (for now)... :smile:

Anez, I like your taste in scarves! You definitely know what looks good on you.

Bigger group portrait, please :woohoo:

Thanks! :biggrin: Bigger and better shot on its way once it gets bright enough to take proper photos. Have re-organised the layout so it's a little more symmetrical, etc., so hopefully it will look a little neater this time around.

love them all darling enjoy in the best of health !!

Thank you very much, and nice to see you again!

Beautiful scarves!! :heart:

Thank you! :smile:

What a wonderful collection! Love the family photo! Thank you for sharing.

Thank you very much, and thank you for commenting! :smile: Better version should be up some time later if you're interested. x

Hi anez,
Love your color wheel. It is fabulous! May I ask how long it took u to accumulate the scarves? I started collecting H scarves last fall & am now quite worried! Last fall I got >10 scarves in one season. Then this season my intended loot has fallen >50% & comprises around 7. Maybe this fall the number would be 3. At this rate I wonder if I'd ever have a decent collection! Is it normal for one to become progressively choosier as time goes on, assuming finances is not a factor?

Thanks! :smile: I started collecting in early 2008, so five years or so? That said, a LOT of these scarves (roughly half, I suppose?) are purchases from the Paris sales, which really speeds up the accumulation process because they are cheaper and also older styles you know you need to snatch before they disappear! I think you definitely get pickier as you go along (fortunately for the wallet). Partly it's to do with finances, I think, but also because as you collect more, you'll start thinking, "Is this too similar to my such-and-such?" Because one of my concerns about the Galop was that it was too similar to the Marcelinas-- and as you can see, I have a pretty ridiculous amount of blue scarves, some of which are very similar, too. Don't worry so much about building a collection, just buy the ones that you love and which speak to you or which fill a colour gap in your scarf wardrobe, and you'll soon end up with more than you know what to do with. :biggrin: 20+ scarves is definitely a decent collection already, though!

Love your "wheel of scarves"! And the new additions - we are cousins on the Chromatique - I have the pink/purple/green version. I love the cw you have and was really torn. I'm going to blow up the wheel shot and try to do a little Name that Scarf game myself!!

Thanks, and I'm so stealing that phrase! Scarf wheel, ha ha. I'll be posting a bigger version of the photo later (and a little more spread out so you can see a touch more of them), so you might be better able to play the scarf game with that. :biggrin: Enjoy your cousin scarf; that one is beautiful, too! x

I think that only someone with an engineering/precision "bent" could lay out that scarf color wheel so nicely and have it balanced, color-wise. In the time I've been on tPF, I've never seen a color wheel of scarves before.

Your green scarves really intrigued me. Any unfolded shots of them would be wonderful.

Oh, thank you so much, what a wonderfully sweet thing to say! :heart: I'm not sure it's original (and the credit for the idea goes to DM, although she wanted me to break up the colours), but it's definitely time-consuming! That said, I'll be posting a better version later if you'd like to see it. :smile: I'm also going to try to post colour group shots, too, though that might take a little longer. Thanks again!

Stunning scarf collection you have :smile: I also obviously adore your B:smile: You scored it by chance?Lucky girl!

Thank you! Yes, I got super lucky with the Birkin, although a lot of those scarves are sale purchases, so there was a lot more work (and pain!) involved in those.

ANEZ MANY CONGRATS ON ALL YOUR BEAUTIFUL SCARVES AND GREAT FAMILY PIC TOO!! I was trying to name all scarves ,i recognize most of them as H scarves are my passion but not all of them, some ladies can help??
Enjoy your stunning collection ANEZ!!

Thank you! Will be posting a bigger version of the scarf wheel photo later, so maybe that will help? What I can tell you is that they were all bought in the last five years, but I'm pretty sure some are a little older than that because they were sale purchases...