Reveal & Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

jennirane

HHHottiecuffpower!
Nov 8, 2008
In the Desert
Hi Ladies,

I thought that while we do a great job posting pics on various sale threads, and the non-HH thread, we don't really have a central "reveal" thread for the beauties we find on the auction sites, or the things that trickle in from HH. I love the "HH in action" thread, and I wouldn't want this one to cover the same territory, but I'm always frustrated doing searches for IRL pics and having to scroll through so many different threads. So if you are so inclined, here's a place where you can do reveals & reviews as you get your new lovelies. PICS are a must! As is honest review. I'll get back here with pics of my new Black/Harlequin Beatrice later this week. Anyone in the meantime?? Got a new goodie from Bonanzle?? Show it off here!

Please BOLD the title (official name & official color) of the item you are revealing & reviewing at the top of your post...

An index to items reviewed appears on P. 39 (Post #575) of the thread, and subsequent updated indices will appear in 20-page increments (so the second should appear on P. 60 ), time permitting
;)

Last edited by a moderator:

lulu3955

Harshed Mellow
Aug 14, 2008
USA & Italy
Awesome thread idea! I was looking for somewhere to share pics of my wyeth hobo yesterday without doing modeling shots. I couldn't find one.

jennirane

HHHottiecuffpower!
Nov 8, 2008
In the Desert
Well get on it, girlfriend! I'm not kidding when I say I'm too pooped to take Bea pics today. Plus it's overcast. Wyeth! Wyeth! Wyeth!

paelaf

Reformed Bag Addict
O.G.
Dec 31, 2006
NY
This is great jenni! Looking forward to your bea review...plus I love seeing your comparison shots!

jennirane

HHHottiecuffpower!
Nov 8, 2008
In the Desert
Hellothy, what do you mean index? I'd been thinking we should be using the full name and HH color as we reveal (so that I'll identify mine as Beatrice instead of Bea) for ease of searching.... but how do we index things that haven't been posted yet? Sounds great... tell me what to do!

lulu3955

Harshed Mellow
Aug 14, 2008
USA & Italy
Here is my review for Wyeth Hobo in Cordovan:
Pros:
*It's a great everyday of bag.
*It has plenty of room for everything and can even fit a magazine (granted it's not the fall edition vogue those are massive).
*The Leather is awesome, smooshy and pebbled.
*The color is devine and all leather panels match.
*It very easily transformed from crossbody to shoulder bag.
*Turnlock seems sturdy

Couple cons:
*Strap is a little short crossbody for me still comfy tho. Adjustable 12-19" I just wish It had one more inch longer more like 20/21".
*I wish there were a pocket on the outside.

Here is a picture I took for my blog. Here it is next to Euc & GZ and eveything I can fit inside with plenty of room to spare.

Attachments

jennirane

HHHottiecuffpower!
Nov 8, 2008
In the Desert
Yay! :yahoo: Lu!! I love the comparison of the leather next to the Euc & GZ, and the shots of it being worn in different ways. Congrats!! Thanks for sharing :smile:

How easy is it to get in and out of? It's a main flap, right? Like a Havana, or a single flap from the back to the front?

pigalle74

Apr 7, 2009
Hellothy, what do you mean index? I'd been thinking we should be using the full name and HH color as we reveal (so that I'll identify mine as Beatrice instead of Bea) for ease of searching.... but how do we index things that haven't been posted yet? Sounds great... tell me what to do!

Jenni, what do you think of creating sticky threads for pictures only- and short reviews and nothing else- just like some of other subforums. For example, (borrowed from RM)- post pics of your Black HH bags here, or post pics of HH hobos here- so that thread are classified thru colors and styles- you post pics, color name and style. I have to admit that I really like how RM photo threads are organized as I can go there and look for real pics of a bag I'm looking for all the time.

lulu3955

Harshed Mellow
Aug 14, 2008
USA & Italy
yeah it's almost easier to get into than the havana IMHO esp when worn crossbody.

We should get some sort of system so we can get some stuff sticky-ed. Either by color or style name

jennirane

HHHottiecuffpower!
Nov 8, 2008
In the Desert
^^ I think that's a great idea, but I would hate to be the one to choose the categories... I don't know how the mods would feel, for example, if we had a dozen stickied threads? How does the RM forum do it? Two or three? Or just a single pics only thread? Is there a separate chat thread where people could ask questions, too? (Like mine above to Lu?)

Hopefully others will chime in and we can figure out a better system to organize (and index!) our pics for ease of searching. The search engine on tPF isn't completely user-friendly, doesn't allow for the kind of boolean operator searches (unless I just haven't figured out how) that would allow you to search for "cordovan havana" as a unit... it'll bring up all cordovan mentions AND all havana mentions.

pigalle74

Apr 7, 2009
jenni, here is how RM does it. When you go to RM main forum, on top of the page there are three subgroups. RM References: Style, RM References: Color, and RM shopping. Then when you click on one of those subgroups, there are a bunch of small threads such as: Pics of your Nikki, MAM, MAB and such. Then within each thread there are pics, color and description- no chatting. So we don't have to create many stickies instead we can do those subgroups and there are many subforums that have those subgroups..

jennirane

HHHottiecuffpower!
Nov 8, 2008
In the Desert
Yup, although it sounds like the other forums might have better ways of organizing it in a couple of threads... I've only ever popped in on the LP forum, and they're not quite as active as we are. What ways would work? I'd like photos, perhaps organized into groups (styles? but then we also like color comparisons) but also a place for questions... should they be separate? Or will this thread do for now? Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.