Reveal, Rant and Review

Jul 9, 2015
Hey ladies! Recently I was at one of my local KS boutiques browsing and encountered excellent customer service while with a group of friends to have a quick browse where I picked up the Train Car Red Slim Bee and some maintenance products. The girls were friendly as ever, serving everyone cookies and drinks and we happily left, amazed at their level of service towards our slightly loud, not to mention large group. Here's the wristlet I purchased:ImageUploadedByPurseForum1444241706.452213.jpg

The following day I received the usual customer service survey and as their service was so great, I filled it out as well as asked about purchasing additional dustbags (I have 5 outlet bags without dustbags and figured I'd ask). To my surprise the store manager offered to send them out to me in the required sizes.

Still feeling thrilled with their service, I stopped by a different KS boutique this weekend and my experience could not have been any different (and I mean for the worse). The SAs were chatting with one another as customers looked around for help; they were slightly obnoxious in a way I've never seen at any KSNY boutique, and they lacked knowledge on their policies and services. They refused to check up an item at another boutique, failed to mention it could be ordered online to the store, and didn't bother assisting customers who evidently were looking for help. I also found out there was gonna be a price increase so I purchased what I'd been looking for and got out as quickly as possible. Whose up for a reveal as well as a happy ending with a page taken out of the film Pretty Woman[emoji6]?ImageUploadedByPurseForum1444242392.396942.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1444242415.658566.jpg

I really wanted a wallet to match my Cliff Grey Cedar Street Harmony but they were out of stock everywhere according to the Yorkdale boutique. I ended up purchasing this instead ImageUploadedByPurseForum1444253270.770010.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1444253292.130751.jpg
It's the Cedar Street Lacey in Forest Green, which is perfect for fall and contrasts beautifully with all my neutral bags!

However I was still hung up on the Cliff Grey wallet. No one in Toronto had it in stock so I called my SA at the Eaton Centre who gave me the number for the Rideau location in Ottawa. The associate was so sweet and while she searched for the wallet I explained to her about my dilemma at Yorkdale. She offered me free express shipping and gift wrapping on this beauty belowImageUploadedByPurseForum1444253753.630074.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1444253795.417702.jpg

Wow, congratulations on picking up the matching wallet!

I just placed my order for my first KS bag yesterday in this cliff grey as well. It's such a lovely shade. :smile:

I really wanted a wallet to match my Cliff Grey Cedar Street Harmony but they were out of stock everywhere according to the Yorkdale boutique. I ended up purchasing this instead View attachment 3150769View attachment 3150770
It's the Cedar Street Lacey in Forest Green, which is perfect for fall and contrasts beautifully with all my neutral bags!

However I was still hung up on the Cliff Grey wallet. No one in Toronto had it in stock so I called my SA at the Eaton Centre who gave me the number for the Rideau location in Ottawa. The associate was so sweet and while she searched for the wallet I explained to her about my dilemma at Yorkdale. She offered me free express shipping and gift wrapping on this beauty belowView attachment 3150773View attachment 3150775
Very nice! Cliff Grey is a really nice shade of grey. :smile:

Wow, congratulations on picking up the matching wallet!

I just placed my order for my first KS bag yesterday in this cliff grey as well. It's such a lovely shade. :smile:

Thank you! I absolutely love kate spade SLGs, the wallets are able to hold up extremely well despite what I put them through. Welcome to what will soon become an addiction, my sister has collected 5 KS bags and wallets in a span of 3 months!

absolutely loving the set! great choices.
i wanted to let you know that you arent the only one, i have been to yorkdale many times and have always left never wanting to come back. the customer service there is atrocious.
eaton centre, on the other hand, is amazing.

so - is the price raise true? :sad: are they raising the prices on everything??

absolutely loving the set! great choices.
i wanted to let you know that you arent the only one, i have been to yorkdale many times and have always left never wanting to come back. the customer service there is atrocious.
eaton centre, on the other hand, is amazing.

so - is the price raise true? :sad: are they raising the prices on everything??

Thank you for letting me share! I was shocked, I go to Yorkdale often but some stores I only go to certain locations, for example I only go to the Tory Burch at Sherway and the Kate Spade at the Eaton Centre. I happened to be at Yorkdale though and went in to see if they had the bag I was interested in. I had a happy ending though, I was informed when I ordered the wallet over the phone that I qualified for a student discount (I usually get it but Yorkdale conveniently forgot to mention it and I forgot to ask). I stopped by the Eaton Centre where they credited me the difference and I also mentioned I wouldn't mind if they returned and allowed me to repurchase, so that their store made the sale and my SA got the commission (funnily enough I'd just watched Pretty Woman the night before). I'm so glad that my experienced afterwards restored my faith in their customer service.
In regards to the price increase, I'm not sure but if I get the chance I will ask tomorrow!