Reveal - Pebbled Red and Ivory Virginias

sillykitty

Jun 6, 2009
I'm really loving my new Virginias. The colors and the size are perfect. And the suede...TDF!

Virginia
Red Pebbled
Lining: Bright Yellow Suede
Silver HW
Drop lengthened to 10"
Matching paint, thread, zippers
Please reinforce as production sees fit

DSC06642.jpg

DSC06615.jpg

DSC06619.jpg

DSC06634.jpg

DSC06636.jpg

DSC06637.jpg

DSC06639.jpg

They're both so gorgeous, SK! I love them both! The suede is incredible too! Just awesome! Congratulations!! My bags should arrive tomorrow!! I cannot wait! I think quality has improved, don't you? These bags look perfect!

Overall I'm thrilled by these bags. I liked the Virginia style when I ordered it, but now that they've arrived... I love! Both of these colors are beautiful and I had neither of these colors in my handbag wardrobe, so it's great to not duplicate.

The suede lining is so plush, each bag I get I can never get over how TDF the suede linings are. I also think the lining and leather colors compliment each other very well. Oh ...zipper match is PERFECT! I have a question for Virginia owners... the lining isn't attached to the bottom, I could turn it out of the bag if I wanted to, is that normal?

I'm particulary nit picky, and I have one minor complaint. The paint on the Ivory is a stark white, so picky me, it bothers me a little. Not that any one else would probably ever notice. Especially since the top of the bag is folded and sewn, not painted. So paint is only on the lether edges.

One thing also, that actually worked out perfectly for me, is that the leather texture of the Ivory was different than the swatch. The swatch I ordered from was quite pebbled. While I like pebbled leather, it's far down the list of prefered textures. So the first thing I noticed on my Ivory was that it wasn't pebbled, and I was happy! I thought maybe the current seasons Cream may have been substituted, but once I put the swatches up next to it, it really is the Ivory 739, just wo pebbling. I asked Maria and she said the hide must have come in with the smoother texture and it wasn't caught until I mentioned it. I had to reassure her I actually prefered the new texture, as she was very apologetic and offered to make a new bag for me...lol!

DSC06261.jpg

I agree, I like the version you got better than the pebbled swatch! It's so soft looking! And I'm not sure about the lining. I don't think mine is attached to the bottom but I don't remember for sure. I've never had problems with my linings in my Virginias though. I'll double check mine to be sure though.

The 4th pic down, the very first one that shows the magnetic tab closure and yellow suede lining looks exactly like skittles red!! Darn! I didn't want to be tempted by another bag! LOL! Would this leather make a nice mini chiara?

These are nice. The Ivory is so incredibly beautiful. Actually, of all the Virginias I have seen, the cream and ivory ones are my favorites - they are so classy and elegant! Enjoy!

sk, is the yellow suede really as bright as pictured? while it looks great with your color combinations, it's not quite the shade i was hoping for... i thank that's the same yellow maria sent me (the pebbled red trim was the giveaway), though it didn't photograph quite so brightly in her pics.