Reveal- One of My Dream Bags

Lady Stardust

Je m'en foutiste
O.G.
Nov 28, 2009
Hi Everyone!

Wanted to share my newest purchase. I've wanted this bag since it originally came out and remember drooling over it back in 2008/2009 when I first got really into handbags and found this forum. I thought it would be the perfect everyday Chanel bag that wouldn't be as delicate/dressy as my classics or too small. I haven't seen many of these available over the years on the resale market, and when I did it was always the black with gold hardware version (which is pretty too, but wasn't the combo I wanted) or the large size.

Presenting my new to me Medium Reissue Camera Bag in Gray :heart: So happy I finally found it!

image1.jpeg

Wooo! What great timing~ Considering picking up one myself in black and experiencing the same thing re: these not being the most readily available on the resale market! This one is soooo pretty. Would you happen to have any mod shots? I've been scouring the internet trying to figure out what this might look like on the body when the chains are doubled up and it's used as a shoulder bag but haven't had much luck.

Also if you don't mind me asking, where did you find this bag?

Gorgeous! Love the leather and color!

Thank you!

Wooo! What great timing~ Considering picking up one myself in black and experiencing the same thing re: these not being the most readily available on the resale market! This one is soooo pretty. Would you happen to have any mod shots? I've been scouring the internet trying to figure out what this might look like on the body when the chains are doubled up and it's used as a shoulder bag but haven't had much luck.

Also if you don't mind me asking, where did you find this bag?

Sure, here's some quick pics of the bag with the double chains. I'm 5'6 for reference. Personally, I like to carry it crook of the arm or with the chain as a single rather than doubled on my shoulder. It's a very comfortable bag either way but I feel like I smoosh it a little when it's worn under the armpit (Also hard to get a pic! lol) and single chain just feels better to me.

I bought it from Patina Boutique (via eBay). They have a nice selection of bags and I felt the price was great. What's interesting to me with this style is I never see anyone talk about it or use it anymore but then you also don't see it frequently on the resale market so where are they all? lol I guess people just aren't using theirs as much but haven't decided to sell? Stuff like this always fascinates me!

image0.jpegimage01.jpeg

Thank you!

Sure, here's some quick pics of the bag with the double chains. I'm 5'6 for reference. Personally, I like to carry it crook of the arm or with the chain as a single rather than doubled on my shoulder. It's a very comfortable bag either way but I feel like I smoosh it a little when it's worn under the armpit (Also hard to get a pic! lol) and single chain just feels better to me.

I bought it from Patina Boutique (via eBay). They have a nice selection of bags and I felt the price was great. What's interesting to me with this style is I never see anyone talk about it or use it anymore but then you also don't see it frequently on the resale market so where are they all? lol I guess people just aren't using theirs as much but haven't decided to sell? Stuff like this always fascinates me!

View attachment 4786179View attachment 4786180
Wowow, thanks so much for the pics - especially that super hard to get one of it on your shoulder! ;) That's exactly what I was hoping to determine re: whether or not the chains would be long enough to avoid the under arm smoosh. Looks like it'd be more suitable for that type of carry if it was just a pinch longer.

+Ditto on the mystery of where all these bags are! I'm not too familiar with how long Chanel offered this bag but yeah it was either that not many were produced/purchased to begin with or that all of them are currently out of the resale rotation and are happily being used by people. Hoping it's the latter! :biggrin: Prices also seem to be all over the place with this bag - I've seen pricing in the $1000s up to the $3000s for bags in roughly the same condition and color/hardware combos.

Also, this bag is obviously slouchy - how do you feel about the integrity of its base? i.e. Would you feel confident using this as a truly everyday bag + loading it up with stuff without being super concerned about sagging?

Last edited:
Also, this bag is obviously slouchy - how do you feel about the integrity of its base? i.e. Would you feel confident using this as a truly everyday bag + loading it up with stuff without being super concerned about sagging?

I think it’s a perfect everyday bag, at least for my needs. I don’t like bags that are too big (biggest I’ll go is Balenciaga City size) but I think I carry a good amount of items and this carries everything with comfortable room left over. I didn’t have any sagging, it actually has my regular load of things in it in the pics. The leather feels super durable too like I don’t have to be overly careful. I’m really happy with it!