Reveal on my "surprise" HG - Now and Forever 14C Flap

I recently bought a classic flap in caviar which has the newer caviar, I also own pieces with the older caviar. There is definitely a difference, in terms of shininess the new caviar is a bit dull, but in terms of durability the new caviar seems indestructible and a bit more stiff.
After using it for awhile, i'm starting to like this new caviar the matte finish makes it a bit more casual and edgy. Now just need to pair it with some Valentino RS and be fabulous like our OP here. :smile:

If your bored, I did a little analysis on the new caviar in this thread: http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel/is-new-caviar-still-leather-862837.html
Yes, snowbubble...get the Noir Rockstuds!!! They are a must-have in my closet!!! :biggrin:

You're welcome, hollyyih! I actually like small bags myself, but for an everyday black bag at this price point, it didn't fit what I was looking for. My everyday black bag has been my distressed reissue WOC, much smaller but also in the less than $2,000 price range. ;)

If you like the bag and the price point, I don't have any negative things to report. It's a very nice, puffy caviar that feels good to touch and smells wonderful, too. It's nice and lightweight, but the trade-off is that the interior is not leather-lined like the classics.

For me, the bag that I've decided will "replace" this one as an everyday black bag is an Hermes Lindy 26. Somehow I seem to prefer my small bags in Chanel and my medium bags in Hermes. :biggrin:

Thanks, snowbubble! I have the Valentino, but I no longer have this Chanel. :smile:

Yes, i was actually thinking about the Hermes Garden Party (although it's completely different). I do love totes (have an LV and Goyard in different sizes).

I don't think the price point is fair enough, considering the classic flap price points and this is between the size of a small or medium flap (and price increase is planned for May going to 4900/5200 respectively). It's true it's not lined in leather, but that's good for me considering my back issues. I can't really have heavy bags. And as far as flaps go, it's classic looking with a spin, which I appreciate. So I'll probably keep it when I get it. (Had to order it as the one they had in the stores was sans authenticity card and box!).

Thanks for all your help! I just don't have much experience with Chanel.

PC, do you mean you replace reissue WOC with Hermes Lindy?

I am with you that Hermes and LV make better tote design and medium capacity bags! although I love my GST, Chanel totes take some time to get used to!

You're welcome, hollyyih! I actually like small bags myself, but for an everyday black bag at this price point, it didn't fit what I was looking for. My everyday black bag has been my distressed reissue WOC, much smaller but also in the less than $2,000 price range. ;)

If you like the bag and the price point, I don't have any negative things to report. It's a very nice, puffy caviar that feels good to touch and smells wonderful, too. It's nice and lightweight, but the trade-off is that the interior is not leather-lined like the classics.

For me, the bag that I've decided will "replace" this one as an everyday black bag is an Hermes Lindy 26. Somehow I seem to prefer my small bags in Chanel and my medium bags in Hermes. :biggrin:

Thanks, snowbubble! I have the Valentino, but I no longer have this Chanel. :smile:

Yes, i was actually thinking about the Hermes Garden Party (although it's completely different). I do love totes (have an LV and Goyard in different sizes).

I don't think the price point is fair enough, considering the classic flap price points and this is between the size of a small or medium flap (and price increase is planned for May going to 4900/5200 respectively). It's true it's not lined in leather, but that's good for me considering my back issues. I can't really have heavy bags. And as far as flaps go, it's classic looking with a spin, which I appreciate. So I'll probably keep it when I get it. (Had to order it as the one they had in the stores was sans authenticity card and box!).

Thanks for all your help! I just don't have much experience with Chanel.
OMG, hollyyih...don't even get me started on the all leather Garden Party, that's one of my all-time favorite bags!!! I have the small (30cm) size in cassis, fjord leather, and I absolutely LOVE that bag!!! It's so cute, lightweight and very easy to use, plus it holds more than 2x what the N&F carries. But it has no shoulder carry option, so if that's what you're looking for I can understand why you would pass. For me, this is one bag that I don't think I'll ever sell, that's how much I love it! :P

Anyway, I really hope you love the N&F when she arrives, she really is beautiful and like I said, if you are okay with the price and capacity, she's a keeper. I know I fell madly in love with her at first sight! :love:

PC, do you mean you replace reissue WOC with Hermes Lindy?

I am with you that Hermes and LV make better tote design and medium capacity bags! although I love my GST, Chanel totes take some time to get used to!
Oh no, calflu, my little black distressed reissue WOC isn't going anywhere!!! She's like my Garden Party, I can't even imagine the thought of selling her!!! I meant to say that I'm going to replace the N&F with the Lindy, as my everyday medium size black bag. The reissue WOC is my everyday small size black bag. :biggrin:

I don't have any experience with LV, but yes, I can't seem to stray from H for my medium size bags. ;)

OMG, hollyyih...don't even get me started on the all leather Garden Party, that's one of my all-time favorite bags!!! I have the small (30cm) size in cassis, fjord leather, and I absolutely LOVE that bag!!! It's so cute, lightweight and very easy to use, plus it holds more than 2x what the N&F carries. But it has no shoulder carry option, so if that's what you're looking for I can understand why you would pass. For me, this is one bag that I don't think I'll ever sell, that's how much I love it! :P

Anyway, I really hope you love the N&F when she arrives, she really is beautiful and like I said, if you are okay with the price and capacity, she's a keeper. I know I fell madly in love with her at first sight! :love:

Yup I definitely really liked the N&F when I saw her at first, but the price point is a bit jarring (although all flaps are that price) because originally I was going to get a WOC. However, I already own a PS wallet on chain, so it doesn't make sense for me to get two bags that are so similar (since the PS is also black), whereas the N&F is significantly larger imo. I'll make the decision when I see it in person again!