Reveal of Recent Deals

annie11 said:
In the last two weeks, I took a short break from my "saving up for a Louis Vuitton" ban and bought a few items. I finally took the long overdue plunge into Legacy, and think that item might actually be my favorite!

New Willis Colorblock and matching zippy wallet in Berry, both from outlet, $102 and $36

Multi-lozenge fob from outlet, $19

Poppy Double Zip wristlet from Dillard's, $24

Medium Candace in Black Cherry from Dillard's, $167

Lol I am trying to save for a Louis Vuitton too but I can't stop buying Coach!!!! Which one are u getting I'm so indecisive?

I've been telling myself I want to save for an LV but honestly, Coach leathers and colors and shapes are so much fun that I have a hard time plopping $2k down for 1 bag. I guess I just must not be in to them. I may get one eventually, just so I can say I have one - LOL! I'm loving Legacy for now!!

I agree! The ironic part is that what I recently spent on Coach for several items would be only a drop in the LV bucket of $$$ needed. I think that maybe I could be happy with one LV, but then again, that's how I got started with Coach... ;)

These are beautiful!!! You got amazing deals. I wish the closest factory store to me carried more deletes. It seems other factory stores have a better selection. Congratulations and thanks for sharing!

Thanks- I only lucked into the Willis though. I called several outlets every day for several days before I had any luck with the wallet.

Lol I am trying to save for a Louis Vuitton too but I can't stop buying Coach!!!! Which one are u getting I'm so indecisive?

This is the question- I'm very indecisive, but I think that's only because there's such a significant amount of money involved that I'm second guessing myself. This is my current list in order of preference:
1- Tivoli GM- LOVE this!
2- Palermo PM
3- Evora MM in Damier Ebene
4- Speedy B in Mono
5- Neverfull MM in Mono

I really like the Tivoli, but I also am drawn to the Palermo because I love the option of shorter handles and a longer strap. The price of the Palermo is a little more palatable as well. The Evora is gorgeous, but a little far outside what I really "should" spend.

I like the Neverfull, but the straps are a little shorter than I would like. I also like the Speedy B, but have trouble justifying spending so much more money for the Speedy B than the Speedy, plus I dislike how they sag. It also seems as though 80% of the LV I see are the Neverfull or the Speedy, and I would like something a little different, but then again, I would also like to buy something that will have a good resale value, which seems to point towards the Neverfull.

I really just need to take a bit of time in an LV store to check them out well.

What ones do you prefer?

I agree! The ironic part is that what I recently spent on Coach for several items would be only a drop in the LV bucket of $$$ needed. I think that maybe I could be happy with one LV, but then again, that's how I got started with Coach... ;)
Exactly! Since Christmas I've picked up courtenay, navy pop contrast duffel, UV & fuschia duffels, dragonfly duffel (my HG), a black and a carnelian basket clutch and rory #2, plus various slgs, scarves and key fobs. Oh and 4-5 pair of Coach shoes!! Yeah, I could've gotten at least 1 LV from that haul - LOL!! You should definitely go to the LV boutique and try them on. I love Tivoli and Evora and I've also considered them and some others for the same reason you mentioned but in the end decided that if speedy and nf are so popular - there must be a reason they are so loved! I don't see a ton of LV where I live - however, the fakes are popping like pocorn lately!!

I like the Neverfull, but the straps are a little shorter than I would like. I also like the Speedy B, but have trouble justifying spending so much more money for the Speedy B than the Speedy, plus I dislike how they sag. It also seems as though 80% of the LV I see are the Neverfull or the Speedy, and I would like something a little different, but then again, I would also like to buy something that will have a good resale value, which seems to point towards the Neverfull.
I bought a hard plastic base on ebay for my speedy and it prevented the sag. It was around $17 totally worth it for the bag.

annie11 said:

Thanks- I only lucked into the Willis though. I called several outlets every day for several days before I had any luck with the wallet.

This is the question- I'm very indecisive, but I think that's only because there's such a significant amount of money involved that I'm second guessing myself. This is my current list in order of preference:
1- Tivoli GM- LOVE this!
2- Palermo PM
3- Evora MM in Damier Ebene
4- Speedy B in Mono
5- Neverfull MM in Mono

I really like the Tivoli, but I also am drawn to the Palermo because I love the option of shorter handles and a longer strap. The price of the Palermo is a little more palatable as well. The Evora is gorgeous, but a little far outside what I really "should" spend.

I really just need to take a bit of time in an LV store to check them out well.

What ones do you prefer?

I'm trying to decide between the Artsy in Mono, which I'm hesitant because the strap seems uncomfortable. The Sully in Mono, but that seems like it would be kind of a pain to get into and I'm not sure about the Vachetta piping on the sides. The Neverfull MM in either Mono or DE, but with that I'm concerned about the thin straps and how open it is. Plus I really mostly like it cinched and I guess there are prob with it staying that way. Then I just saw the Marylebone DE on the website and I really like that one too, but again the straps are super thin! Lol so hard to decide on such a big purchase! I need to go look at them in person and try them on....

I'm the same way though, I feel like I need just one LV and I will be good, I think that's why I'm so indecisive, I want to find the one that will be perfect....

Wonderful way to start off your Legacy collection. Twins on the Willis and the fob! Congrats.

Do you like the tassel on the Willis? I guess I've grown accustomed to the Legacy leather tassels, so I think I might swap out the tassel that comes with the bag for one of my tassel key fobs.

Exactly! Since Christmas I've picked up courtenay, navy pop contrast duffel, UV & fuschia duffels, dragonfly duffel (my HG), a black and a carnelian basket clutch and rory #2, plus various slgs, scarves and key fobs. Oh and 4-5 pair of Coach shoes!! Yeah, I could've gotten at least 1 LV from that haul - LOL!! You should definitely go to the LV boutique and try them on. I love Tivoli and Evora and I've also considered them and some others for the same reason you mentioned but in the end decided that if speedy and nf are so popular - there must be a reason they are so loved! I don't see a ton of LV where I live - however, the fakes are popping like pocorn lately!!

LOL- 1 LV vs. 10 or so Coach items- that's what makes it difficult for me to take the plunge and buy the LV.

I agree- many seem to love their Speedy and NF's. The NF would be my preference of the two, but those darn straps are just so short (in my opinion). I think it's going to be between Tivoli GM and Neverfull MM (or GM) for me, but I have a really tough time justifying the Tivoli at about twice the price of the NF. Also, the NF's seem to be scooped up when they are listed on Yoogi's, where the Tivoli seem to eventually sell, but in a longer amount of time and at a higher discount rate. I recently decided that I'm not even allowed to seriously consider the LV until I lose some weight- that will also likely help those skinnier, shorter NF straps fit on my arms better as well. :smile:

annie11 said:
LOL- 1 LV vs. 10 or so Coach items- that's what makes it difficult for me to take the plunge and buy the LV.

I agree- many seem to love their Speedy and NF's. The NF would be my preference of the two, but those darn straps are just so short (in my opinion). I think it's going to be between Tivoli GM and Neverfull MM (or GM) for me, but I have a really tough time justifying the Tivoli at about twice the price of the NF. Also, the NF's seem to be scooped up when they are listed on Yoogi's, where the Tivoli seem to eventually sell, but in a longer amount of time and at a higher discount rate. I recently decided that I'm not even allowed to seriously consider the LV until I lose some weight- that will also likely help those skinnier, shorter NF straps fit on my arms better as well. :smile:

I'm leaning toward the NF too, everyone seems to love it so there must be something there plus I like the shape of it the best. I have a thing about using a long strap and leaving the short handles just hanging there, and if I buy a LV I really want to get a true shoulder bag, so for me the speedy is out. That's funny you mentioned losing weight, I lost my dad unexpectedly last year and I have put on a bit of weight since, and I was going to use the LV as an incentive to get back down to my normal weight, a "goal gift." It's hard though because Coach is my true love, and with all these deals lately its hard to stop buying them. Lol

I bought a hard plastic base on ebay for my speedy and it prevented the sag. It was around $17 totally worth it for the bag.

Good to know- thanks!

I'm trying to decide between the Artsy in Mono, which I'm hesitant because the strap seems uncomfortable. The Sully in Mono, but that seems like it would be kind of a pain to get into and I'm not sure about the Vachetta piping on the sides. The Neverfull MM in either Mono or DE, but with that I'm concerned about the thin straps and how open it is. Plus I really mostly like it cinched and I guess there are prob with it staying that way. Then I just saw the Marylebone DE on the website and I really like that one too, but again the straps are super thin! Lol so hard to decide on such a big purchase! I need to go look at them in person and try them on....

The Artsy and Sully are both gorgeous, but I can understand your concerns with them. The openness of the NF is a factor for me as well. I've heard that the straps are strong, but that they do tend to dig in a bit.

WOW- I was not aware of the Marylebone, but this might be the perfect bag for me. I can't seem to find the strap drop listed online, but I am really liking everything else about this bag!!! :biggrin:

I'm the same way though, I feel like I need just one LV and I will be good, I think that's why I'm so indecisive, I want to find the one that will be perfect....

Exactly!

Wonderful way to start off your Legacy collection. Twins on the Willis and the fob! Congrats.

Do you like the tassel on the Willis? I guess I've grown accustomed to the Legacy leather tassels, so I think I might swap out the tassel that comes with the bag for one of my tassel key fobs.

I like the tassel that came on the Willis- I think because I had a pair of shoes very similar in color and texture when I was much younger and I loved those darn things! I think that a Legacy tassel fob would look great as well!