Reveal of my first fine watch

Beautiful watch, too bad it does not have a second hand, I need one, just cuz... just cuz these watches are expensive, I think it should have a second hand. I love the fact that it can switch, it's like a moon and sun type of thing... great idea! Congratulations! I love your watch nonetheless.

Beautiful watch, too bad it does not have a second hand, I need one, just cuz... just cuz these watches are expensive, I think it should have a second hand. I love the fact that it can switch, it's like a moon and sun type of thing... great idea! Congratulations! I love your watch nonetheless.

Hmm...I was wondering why it does not have second hand. Perhaps its not as popular as Rolex? Btw, does Rolex have second hand? Just curious.

Hmm...I was wondering why it does not have second hand. Perhaps its not as popular as Rolex? Btw, does Rolex have second hand? Just curious.

Rolex have seconds on most if not all of its watches . Haven't seen any without actually. Many luxury watch, chopards smaller womens watches and cartiers smaller women watches do not have second hands on all if their watches. people don't seem to mind. Though I've been meaning to write to Cartier and ask them..,,

Last edited:
Rolex have seconds on most if not all of its watches . Haven't seen any without actually. Many luxury watch, chopards smaller womens watches and cartiers smaller women watches do not have second hands on all if their watches. people don't seem to mind. Though I've been meaning to write to Cartier and ask them..,,

Oh thank you for sharing. I never know this before as I m new. Just started to appreciate fine watches and already eyeing the night and day rendezvous. Ban...ban...I guess one year for one watch is awesome...:graucho:

CONGRATULATIONS!! I love love love this watch and am totally biased as I have the JLC Duetto Duo myself.

:sneaky: So glad to see more fine watches in this forum instead of the same ole' Cartier/Rolex bandwagon.

ITA, its definitely an aesthetic choice to make it appear more formal.

Actually the funny thing is jaeger lecoultre created the Reverso originally as a sports watch for polo players, the original design had a steel face on the other side so when they play they could flip over the Reverso face so to avoid damaging the watch. now the design had evolved by having a second face and the plain steel back is now used for personalization (engraving; enamel painting; jewelry embellishment.) :biggrin:

Presently the classic design is associated to being formal (Lacking the seconds hand and all), i guess that just shows how flexible this design is as it can work as a formal or casual wear timepiece.

Heres mine saying hi while we enjoy the Sakura in osaka :biggrin:

Congratulations! I'm so glad to see another JLC lover here, among the Cartiers and Chanels ... I have one rather like yours, bought a few years ago on a trip to Geneva. It being an older model, the details of the faces are slightly different but it has a similar feel and versatility and I love it so much.

I ended up buying a couple of leather straps because I found they fitted my wrist more comfortably in changing temperatures - one neutral red leather, and one bright green moc croc to ring the changes. I don't like it when the metal bracelet slides down my wrist though I know some ladies like to wear it that way.

ETA: only just seen your post, after typing this! two minds with but a single thought :P

CONGRATULATIONS!! I love love love this watch and am totally biased as I have the JLC Duetto Duo myself.

:sneaky: So glad to see more fine watches in this forum instead of the same ole' Cartier/Rolex bandwagon.

Last edited: