reveal of my first Bal!

etien

O.G.
Apr 24, 2008
And first high-end luxury bag ever, too!

Backstory (skip to the bottom for just pics!)...I have been pining for a Bal forever and actually went into the Paris boutique back in 2009 but chickened out, and my finances really didn't allow it at the time anyway. Then I kind of stopped hoping but over the years still popped into tPF occasionally to drool over pics. The last few months, I was finally ready but have been sad reading posts about how the leather in recent years hasn't been as yummy and the possible discontinuation of the Part-Time which is the style I decided would work best for me. Unwilling to chance buying pre-owned for fear of getting a fake or a bag in poor condition, I called the Bal store in Santa Clara, CA (which I only found out last month had just opened - thank you tPF!) a few weeks ago and happily learned they had some PTs in stock including some G21. I should have gone that day but didn't make it until today so there weren't many left. I also went thinking I would get black or some kind of gray but couldn't resist THIS...

2008 Charbon Silver G21 (evidently they received archival inventory from the Paris store for their grand opening). I was so intent on black or grey but it just felt right when I tried this on, so the bag really picked me! I feel so lucky to have gotten a new "old" Bal - thanks for letting me share!

P.S. in case anyone is interested, they have one G21 PT left in Anthracite with Gold G21

Attachments

• photo 4.jpg
    photo 4.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 400
  • photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 405
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 396
  • photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 399
CONGRATS!!!! So jealous..I am exactly in the same position that you were....I've been looking for a Bal for 2 years now...never the right color/hardware/time.....your bag is gorgeous..I'm a fan of that giant hardware as well....enjoy her!!! Hopefully soon I will have a reveal post as well!!! Congrats again!!!