Reveal of a small ebay impulse buy!

katev

"The Bag Whisperer!"
O.G.
Dec 18, 2009
I've always loved this fob although I had never seen it in real life. I finally caved in and bought it, although I certainly don't need any more fobs!

Anyone want to see my new little beauty? Here's a couple of teasers!

Attachments

• Teaser001.jpg
    Teaser001.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 512
  • Teaser004.jpg
    Teaser004.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 511
I know! You are the one who bought the goldfish! I was so tempted but I had already gotten one that wasn't complete! You got a great deal!

I had looked for this fob on ebay and bonz several times before but it was always highly priced (IMO), and sometimes in poor condition, so I always passed.

Recently I came across one on ebay that was NWOT and offered at a reasonble price (again IMO.) I probably shouldn't have bought it, but I was drinking wine and just received notification that I had a small ebay bucks refund (a dangerous combination!)

I got her for $47 shipped and I think that is a good price, isn't she pretty?

Here is my Koi goldfish fob 6522 (from 2007?) I took pics both with and without flash because it is hard to photograph metallics accurately.

Attachments

• KoiFob001.jpg
    KoiFob001.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 500
  • KoiFob002.jpg
    KoiFob002.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 506
  • KoiFob004.jpg
    KoiFob004.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 498
  • KoiFob005.jpg
    KoiFob005.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 504
  • KoiFob006.jpg
    KoiFob006.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 503
You guessed it!

Mine is missing the keyring and the hangtag. I'm considering putting it on a key ring but it will still be missing the hangtag. Apparently some people remove the keyrings when they use them on purses because the keyring was silver and won't match gold hardware. The detail on the fish is amazing!

I can't believe that made it to the outlet!

I had looked for this fob on ebay and bonz several times before but it was always highly priced (IMO), and sometimes in poor condition, so I always passed.

Recently I came across one on ebay that was NWOT and offered at a reasonble price (again IMO.) I probably shouldn't have bought it, but I was drinking wine and just received notification that I had a small ebay bucks refund (a dangerous combination!)

I got her for $47 shipped and I think that is a good price, isn't she pretty?

Here is my Koi goldfish fob 6522 (from 2007?) I took pics both with and without flash because it is hard to photograph metallics accurately.

nice find - congrats..."wine and ebay"...sounds like a country song!:P

Mine is missing the keyring and the hangtag. I'm considering putting it on a key ring but it will still be missing the hangtag. Apparently some people remove the keyrings when they use them on purses because the keyring was silver and won't match gold hardware. The detail on the fish is amazing!

I can't believe that made it to the outlet!

Well at least you have the important part!

I was also surprised to see the bullet mark on the back of it! Well, somebody must have gotten it for a great price at the outlet!

I recently saw one listed on ebay that was in bad shape. The keyring was rusty, the hangtag was missing, and the metallic leather was rubbed and damaged in spots.

The vendor had it listed for $50 which is way too much IMO. I made an offer of $25 thinking that I might be able to rehab it, but my offer was rejected. Now I am glad that I was rejected because this one is in perfect condition!

The damaged one is still up for auction but the vendor has lowered the price to $42 - still too high for the condition, I think.

Mine was listed for $50 and the ebay bucks brought it down a little more, so I am happy! :biggrin:

Congrats, I love mine - she has permanent residency on my blue smoke Sage. Mine it the same as yours, but I do believe it is the outlet version - the original came with a dog-leash clasp.

You got a good deal too imho, I have seen them listed as high as $150.

Congrats, I love mine - she has permanent residency on my blue smoke Sage. Mine it the same as yours, but I do believe it is the outlet version - the original came with a dog-leash clasp.

You got a good deal too imho, I have seen them listed as high as $150.

Thank you, I have seen it listed very high also.

A dogleash clip would be more convenient than the key ring IMO.

I am really happy with it and now I just have to figure out how to use her! Isn't it nice to have such problems!? :biggrin: