Reveal of a controversial bag...

Here's my two cents regarding the negative reviews I read so far...

"It is light in weight, so quality is not good... " ==> Boys are in general lighter than the CFs, so i am unsure if the tpfer is comparing this boy with other boys or cfs...If comparing with CFs, I don't think it's a fair comparison nor a reflection of the quality of the bag. Personally, I find light in weight a plus. Even reissues are much lighter than CFs.

"It only has one pocket inside... It is no good. Other boys have more pockets." ==> The tpfer is looking at the old medium boy. All old medium boys have only one pocket inside. This negative review is unfounded about this caviar boy. This issue has nothing to do with it being this batch of caviar boys.

"The bottom is soft. The bottom "folds" down when I pressed the clasp down. It is not durable. " ==> All boys are like that. All boys do not have a hard bottom like the CFs. Again, this negative review is unfounded about this caviar boy. This issue has nothing to do with it being this batch of caviar boys.

Regarding the negative reviews about the caviar on this batch of caviar boys being not shiny... I haven't seen this batch of caviar boys, but from the pics, it does look pretty matte, especially the black one. This is an issue of personal preference ... If you like shiny caviar, then you shouldn't keep it. If you are ok or like that it is not shiny caviar, then you shouldn't be bothered by the negative reviews based on other tpfers' preference for shiny caviar.

I have the 14B caviar Boy in black. As one tpfer said, the type of caviar is similar to the cardholder which I also have. Personally, I prefer the type of caviar on the 14B boy which has a little shine. Given my personal preference, I would be disappointed with this batch of matte caviar in black compared to my 14B caviar boy.

There was a comparison of this batch of black caviar boy's type of caviar to the iridescent caviar on the 16C rectangular ghw mini. the iridescent caviar on the 16C mini is not the same as the 14B caviar boy either, nor is it the same type of caviar on the oov black classic flaps, GST, slgs, etc... even oov black classic flaps have slight variation, and black caviar minis also vary among the different seasons.

In the end, your decision should be based on your personal preference for the type of caviar, and not other people's preference. And you definitely shouldn't be bothered by the negative reviews that are unfounded where they have nothing to do with this batch of caviar boys, but rather how boys are in general.

You couldn't have said it any better. +1!!

wow, that tan one is amazing! Along with your boy collection! I also ordered the new "caviar boy bags" and was very nervous after seeing so many negative reviews about it. After finally receiving it today i see that it's not caviar, it's grained calf skin.

View attachment 3343990

before seeing that post i always assumed they were the same thing. If you love the bag, keep it. Don't let other people's reviews or disappointments affect your decision or feelings towards your gorgeous bag! Either way just do what makes you happy :smile:

+1

Finally scrolled down to the modeling pics, love it even more, great choice! I want one! I always use my mono LV bags when I need that tan color incorporated, this is much better of course!

Thank you, @bellybuttons. This bag is from Pre-Fall 2016, so I am not sure how easy it will be to find. I purchased it last spring and have used it a ton and it shows no wear. Has held up wonderfully. Code is:
CCCamelBoyBox.jpg