Reveal: My Very First LV

Purse*Lover

Sep 16, 2017
This forum has been an amazing source of information for the past month or so while I struggled with the decision of what to buy (unfortunately buying everything I want isn't an option). I've been looking for a classic solid black for a while and finally pulled the plug on my very first LV.

I am totally in love with this and definitely will get other colors. It's so classy and chic. I can't wait to carry it this week.

City Steamer MM - Noir :heart::heart::heart: (Currently I have my eyes on the Galet and Navy)

Question: Should I get twillies for the handles for protection? :confused1: I put lotion on my hands all the time and do plan on using this on a regular basis (I rotate bags every 2-3 weeks). SA told me I don't need it but I've read here and on the Hermes forum that many of you do it to protect the handles.

Attachments

• City Steamer MM - Noir.jpg
    City Steamer MM - Noir.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 1,093
  • City Steamer MM - Noir_2.jpg
    City Steamer MM - Noir_2.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 1,082
Beautiful bag, and great choice!

I personally don’t put twillies on my bags...I like them in some photos but I like a rather “naked” bag - the aesthetics appeal to me more as does the feel of the handles sans twillies. I don’t think you need to worry much with black leather handles. Just make sure hands are “dry” (not goopy still from lotion) before picking it ip and clean the leather now and then with a good leather cleaner. Some people also protect their bag with a leather protectant, like Apple Garde.

Reactions: Pmrbfay
This forum has been an amazing source of information for the past month or so while I struggled with the decision of what to buy (unfortunately buying everything I want isn't an option). I've been looking for a classic solid black for a while and finally pulled the plug on my very first LV.

I am totally in love with this and definitely will get other colors. It's so classy and chic. I can't wait to carry it this week.

City Steamer MM - Noir :heart::heart::heart: (Currently I have my eyes on the Galet and Navy)

Question: Should I get twillies for the handles for protection? :confused1: I put lotion on my hands all the time and do plan on using this on a regular basis (I rotate bags every 2-3 weeks). SA told me I don't need it but I've read here and on the Hermes forum that many of you do it to protect the handles.
Absolutely stunning!

Thank you everyone! I have decided not to put twillies on the handles.

Looking for a black or grey organizer for the inside. Hopefully from a seller based in the U.S. If anyone reading this uses one for their CS MM, please let me know. :smile:

Congratulations on your first LV bag!

I was also looking at this City Steamer when I was shopping for my first LV bag but I fell in love with the Epi Vaneau in Noir/Hot Pink contrast glazing. I've had some color transfer issues that happens only to the hot pink glazing of my Vaneau so I wrap the handles with twillies so I won't have to keep cleaning them (and risking rubbing off the pink glazing).

Your City Steamer is stunning and beautiful-- no need to put twillies on her handles as it does not have any contrasting glazing to protect. However, if you want to decorate and add a pop of color, I highly recommend twillies in bright colors if you like that aesthetic.

Thanks for sharing her with us! I can't wait to see action pictures~~ :heart: :heart: :heart: