Reveal: My very first Balenciaga City

Slc9

O.G.
Dec 29, 2012
So excited to get my first B bag!! Many thanks to TPF and all on here posting pics and reviews of the bags, really helped me make my decision on finding the right one.

I'm usually in the LV clubhouse and really wanted a classic black bag. I love the empreinte in black but I just wanted something different (plus less expensive). I also considered a Gucci Soho. My friend had a Balenciaga first and work and admire them ever since. Besides her, I don't see many b bags in my area and I like that 😉

Love the classy yet edgy look of the bag. I couldn't make up my mind between the classic RH with the tassels or the Giant City. Happy with my decision but second guessing it as Im watching my Siamese kitten's eyes open wide when he sees those tassels. This may be a nightmare 🙀

I'm glad I researched to see they've made some changes this year or I would of thought Neiman Marcus sent me a fake lol..... Metal tag is different, two more pockets inside of bag which I'm thrilled to have and no more "Lampo" stamp on zipper. I added some pics for reference although I'm sure it has been posted already. Still trying to understand the codes on the inside tag.

I'm sure you have seen your share of black city's but here she is 😍
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1398915601.915478.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1398915655.756615.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1398915677.875273.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1398915688.712880.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1398915700.609523.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1398915720.185886.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1398915730.791805.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1398915739.588046.jpg

Congratulations and welcome to the club!!! Balenciaga is a great choice because it isn't over played like other brands and you don't have to worry about every single friend having your exact bag. You're bag is beautiful and classic. Great choice.

Congrats! The leather looks lush in the first couple of pics, it's already starting to squish down :smile:
I don't know why they changed the darn tags, so confusing now. Anyway, beware the kitten and your tassels, I have heard they really do go after them. If it's not too much of a hassle you can tuck them inside before entering your home.

Congratulations and welcome to the club!!! Balenciaga is a great choice because it isn't over played like other brands and you don't have to worry about every single friend having your exact bag. You're bag is beautiful and classic. Great choice.
Thank You! Love B bags. Already want a smaller clutch or First lol. True, so understated I never notice them. I'm sure I will now that I have one :biggrin:

Congrats! The leather looks lush in the first couple of pics, it's already starting to squish down :smile:
I don't know why they changed the darn tags, so confusing now. Anyway, beware the kitten and your tassels, I have heard they really do go after them. If it's not too much of a hassle you can tuck them inside before entering your home.
These bags are really squishy! Mine is filled in the pics too. Leather is great! Dark, shiny black, just how I like it. I just can't believe the tassels & kitten never crossed my mind. I liked the Giant but figured I save a little money on the RH.
Did you find your bag?

I swear a Black Bal rh city is the most "perfect" bag!! Congrats.

And yeah, be careful with the tassels. I've seen my bulldog eyeing them one too many times as well.
So I make sure when I take out a bag, they're all tucked in so he can't get to them.

So excited to get my first B bag!! Many thanks to TPF and all on here posting pics and reviews of the bags, really helped me make my decision on finding the right one.

I'm usually in the LV clubhouse and really wanted a classic black bag. I love the empreinte in black but I just wanted something different (plus less expensive). I also considered a Gucci Soho. My friend had a Balenciaga first and work and admire them ever since. Besides her, I don't see many b bags in my area and I like that 😉

Love the classy yet edgy look of the bag. I couldn't make up my mind between the classic RH with the tassels or the Giant City. Happy with my decision but second guessing it as Im watching my Siamese kitten's eyes open wide when he sees those tassels. This may be a nightmare 🙀

I'm glad I researched to see they've made some changes this year or I would of thought Neiman Marcus sent me a fake lol..... Metal tag is different, two more pockets inside of bag which I'm thrilled to have and no more "Lampo" stamp on zipper. I added some pics for reference although I'm sure it has been posted already. Still trying to understand the codes on the inside tag.

I'm sure you have seen your share of black city's but here she is 😍
View attachment 2599597View attachment 2599599View attachment 2599600View attachment 2599601View attachment 2599602View attachment 2599604View attachment 2599605View attachment 2599606

Haha, my cat does the same ;)
Great choice though, this really is a classic and I'm sure you'll love it.
The leather looks gorgeous.
Many congrats and enjoy it.

Congratulations on your classic beauty! Do be careful with those tassels-- my cat definitely managed to "modify" one on my Vert Thyme City-luckily I had an extra set!

Congratulations on your new bag! It's so pretty!

I had no idea they made changes to the zippers this year. Does anyone know if this was applied to all bags? I received a Velo that is from 2014 and it still has the lampo zippers.

Thank you everyone :tender: Can't wait to wear her! It's been raining and I haven't treated her yet. I ordered the apple guard like you all suggested. Waiting for it to come in. I also have LMB for my LV's that I was wondering if I could use on it as well.
For now the bag is safely away from my kitten :catlick: