REVEAL: My studded Edie saga ends in a trade

ltbag

Grateful for life's beauty. Taking a break
O.G.
Feb 10, 2007
So, for those that have been following my fall reveals I revealed the black studded Edie a few weeks back. I never really did like it for the price ($895), and it seemed small to me. I had thought it was going to be the size of the large Phoebes, but it was more the size of the small Phoebe.

In any case, I wore it once for a short while so it never occurred to me to return it.

Well...I called my fp store yesterday to see if they got any of the violet large whipstitch dakota's in (they didn't) I talked to the manager and she asked me how I liked my black dakota, I told her I loved it and that the only bag I was sorry I purchased was the studded Edie. She asked me why I didn't return it and I said that I had used it once. She told me that because I was such a good customer that she would let me return it for merchandise credit and that she would send it back to JAX so it didn't get resold as used. I was thrilled! :biggrin: So....I went to the fp store today and decided that I still really like the Edie but like the larger oxblood one MUCH better. So here she is, my new large oxblood studded Edie.

largestuddededie3.jpg

Once again, the studs are only on one side of the bag.

largestuddededie.jpg

The color is a bit darker than the grommet Carlysle. The bag is light. I think the leather is high quality. I like the large MUCH better than the smaller one on. I like the stud work better with the oxblood color too.

I am not going to do a big reveal thread with this. The only reason I started a new thread is so that I could post some quick pics so that people could see the larger edie size and the oxblood color. :smile::cool:

I am glad that my manager at the fp store took care of me and offered to let me return the bag. Usually I am left out these days of special discounts and events etc so it was nice to be able to return a bag I was lukewarm about for one I like better.

In any case, the bag is not worth $1,100 but since I had already spent $900 of that and thought I was stuck with the other bag, I am happy it all worked out.

Congratulations! I'm glad to hear about great customer service. I think the oxblood color is gorgeous and works perfectly with the color of the studs.

Thanks everyone! :smile: I am glad I traded the other Edie in. Now I can declare myself done with my Coach fall purchase and enjoy everyone else's reveals as they come in. :cool::biggrin: