Reveal: My Repair Experience

bgyoshi

O.G.
Nov 23, 2005
I purchased a pretty good condition 2006 Blue Fonce E/W flap from Fashionphile. The biggest flaw was a chip off the CC hardware, and a loose stitching at the end of the chain/strap. And it smelled like perfume. Initially, I wanted to refinish the inside because it had one small spot of red inside. They said it would cost $110 for everything.

Brought it to my local Chanel about 6-7 weeks ago and got the call to pick it up today! When I got it back, the CC was brand new, the loose stitching was fixed, the perfume smell wasn't gone, but it was definitely a LOT less strong. But the red spot was still there. My SA noticed it before I did, she went to the back and came back saying as she suspected (due to the fast time frame, refinishing usually takes 3-4 months she says), the refinishing was not done, but they did superficially cleaned it. I didn't want to part with my baby for another 3-4 months so I just took it home as it's in pretty decent condition, I just thought I'd get it done all at once. So in the end, they only charged me $30.

Oh they also gave me a dust bag without even asking, since I purchased this bag without a dust bag! Yay!

Well, here she is!!! I love the durability and feel of the classic caviars. Feel so sturdy unlike the lambskins.

P.S. I fell in love with the 226 reissue while I was there...I just started trying bags on and while I've always deviated away from the classics (I thought the double flaps were impeding the functionality of the bag)....I now have my eyes set on a reissue! Now if just the right color would come along...SF Chanel had a blue, green, black with GHW, and a dark red one...and a light grey. I want a grey but something darker!

Attachments

• chanel.jpg
    chanel.jpg
    256.9 KB · Views: 851
  • chanel2.jpg
    chanel2.jpg
    282.5 KB · Views: 845
  • compare.jpg
    compare.jpg
    581.6 KB · Views: 840
Last edited:
I purchased a pretty good condition 2006 Blue Fonce E/W flap from Fashionphile. The biggest flaw was a chip off the CC hardware, and a loose stitching at the end of the chain/strap. And it smelled like perfume. Initially, I wanted to refinish the inside because it had one small spot of red inside. They said it would cost $110 for everything.

Brought it to my local Chanel about 6-7 weeks ago and got the call to pick it up today! When I got it back, the CC was brand new, the loose stitching was fixed, the perfume smell wasn't gone, but it was definitely a LOT less strong. But the red spot was still there. My SA noticed it before I did, she went to the back and came back saying as she suspected (due to the fast time frame, refinishing usually takes 3-4 months she says), the refinishing was not done, but they did superficially cleaned it. I didn't want to part with my baby for another 3-4 months so I just took it home as it's in pretty decent condition, I just thought I'd get it done all at once. So in the end, they only charged me $30.

Oh they also gave me a dust bag without even asking, since I purchased this bag without a dust bag! Yay!

Well, here she is!!! I love the durability and feel of the classic caviars. Feel so sturdy unlike the lambskins.

P.S. I fell in love with the 226 reissue while I was there...I just started trying bags on and while I've always deviated away from the classics (I thought the double flaps were impeding the functionality of the bag)....I now have my eyes set on a reissue! Now if just the right color would come along...SF Chanel had a blue, green, black with GHW, and a dark red one...and a light grey. I want a grey but something darker!
that's awesome, i'm glad they were able to repair your bag for you. It's definitely hard parting with your bag for a long period of time. But at least the only one who will see the interior is you :smile: